Pioneer DVR-112D (DL bitsetting?)

I am strongly considering the Pioneer DVR-112D for my dual layer burning. My question is about the buffalo firmware.

Do I need the buffalo firmware for dual layer bit setting?

Also is the buffalo better firmware than the stock firmwares?

112D bitsets DL disc by default with standard firmware. This is a very good DL burner.

i have this drive :iagree: just for my DL burning :wink:

lets see how it goes :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1925784]I am strongly considering the Pioneer DVR-112D for my dual layer burning. My question is about the buffalo firmware.

Do I need the buffalo firmware for dual layer bit setting?

Also is the buffalo better firmware than the stock firmwares?[/QUOTE]

The 112D is preset to +R DL to DVD-ROM , if you crossflash to buffalo 8.21 it will now give you +R and DL+R booktyped to DVD-ROM.

Good choice of burner IMHO :bigsmile::bigsmile: I use the D to read and the L to burn with

[QUOTE=Jimbo;1925867]Good choice of burner IMHO :bigsmile::bigsmile: I use the D to read and the L to burn with[/QUOTE]

Do you have 2 drives or is it easy to switch back and forth?

Does the buffalo firmware give better dual layer burn quality?

Thanks

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1926069]
Does the buffalo firmware give better dual layer burn quality?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Nope.

and also +RW is booktyped to dvd-rom:iagree:

[QUOTE=motorcycle;1926666]and also +RW is booktyped to dvd-rom:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Your correct, But i don’t use that +RW media

[QUOTE=greengiant2315;1925851]The 112D is preset to +R DL to DVD-ROM , if you crossflash to buffalo 8.21 it will now give you +R and DL+R booktyped to DVD-ROM.[/QUOTE]

And thank to you Green, I love my Pioneer 112D (to 112L 8.21) when it comes to DL+R

[QUOTE=motorcycle;1926666]and also +RW is booktyped to dvd-rom:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Since when?? :confused:

[QUOTE=chef;1926801]Since when?? :confused:[/QUOTE]

You know i agreed with him becuz i don’t use that media. I think its only DL+R and +R only as i stated B4. I think my BenQ 1655 does all 3 and the 20A1P LO but im not sure, too many drives to remember. I know the Two LG’s i have do the GSA-E60L and E60N. If buffalo does RW to DVD-ROM i would’nt know but now you have me thinking and i’ll almost bet its only DL+R AND +R that gets bittsetting to DVD-ROM.

[QUOTE=Charlie T;1926708]And thank to you Green, I love my Pioneer 112D (to 112L 8.21) when it comes to DL+R[/QUOTE]

I have two of them but there 112’s. One i made into a 112L and other is a 112 Pioneer with 122FW. IMO there fast DL burners.

[QUOTE=greengiant2315;1926819]You know i agreed with him becuz i don’t use that media. I think its only DL+R and +R only as i stated B4. I think my BenQ 1655 does all 3 and the 20A1P LO but im not sure, too many drives to remember. I know the Two LG’s i have do the GSA-E60L and E60N. [B]If buffalo does RW to DVD-ROM i would’nt know but now you have me thinking and i’ll almost bet its only DL+R AND +R that gets bittsetting to DVD-ROM.[/B][/QUOTE]

DVD+R DL bitset to DVD-ROM by default with 1.xx (Pioneer) firmwares.
DVD+R DL bitset to DVD-ROM and DVD+R bitset to DVD-ROM with 8.xx (Buffalo) firmwares.

For what its worth it is important to note that no Pioneer and/or Buffalo Firmwares Bit Set RW Media.

Regards,
bjkg

How do I crossflash to Buffalo 8.21? All I have been able to find is Buffalo 8.06?

I believe I will pick up the 112D for my dual layer burnin.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1926940]How do I crossflash to Buffalo 8.21? All I have been able to find is Buffalo 8.06?

I believe I will pick up the 112D for my dual layer burnin.[/QUOTE]

There is a firmware package put out by a member here by the name of koba, He has made a package to crossflash the pioneer 112 to buffalo 8.21. However do you understand that doing this voids your warranty and also if you screw up you can kiss your drive goodbye, I have two pioneer 112’s, One with buffalo and one with version 1.22 pioneer firmware. Want to risk it here is where you can get the files to do it: http://rapidshare.com/files/51249663/Updated_Firmware_and_utility_for_A12J_112L.rar.html

P.S. A Pioneer 112* stock is booktyped to DVD-ROM on DL+R. The newest Pioneer firmware at the moment for stock drives is version 1.22, Buffalo firmware only add’s +R booktyping to DVD-ROM over the Pioneer firmware, So if you crossflash the only thing your going to gain is DVD-ROM booktyping on +R media also. So if your looking for DL+R bitsetting to DVD-ROM you don’t even need buffalo as the drive comes stock this way.

So, the stock firmware will booktype DVD+R DL’s the exact same as the buffalo firmware does?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1927006]So, the stock firmware will booktype DVD+R DL’s the exact same as the buffalo firmware does?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, The only thing buffalo does is add +R bitsetting to DVD-ROM also. Stock Pioneer 112* are already set to DVD-ROM for DL+R, Actually when you crossflash a Pioneer 112* to buffalo it turns it into a 112L which is a Jap model. Actually if you want to go external thru USB you can goto Bestbuy and buy a DVR-X122 which is a external Pioneer 112. It can also be crossflashed to a 112L if you so desire.

Do you recommend the external model? I believe I am getting another computer for burning and will have space for the 112D.