Pioneer DVR-112D chosen as #1 digital storage device (Press Release)

I just posted the article Pioneer DVR-112D chosen as #1 digital storage device (Press Release).

‘CD Freaks Members choice’ indicates the hottest digital storage devices on the marketThe Pioneer DVR-112D has been chosen as the number 1 drive in the digital storage market. This…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13535-Pioneer-DVR-112D-chosen-as-1-digital-storage-device-Press-Release.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13535-Pioneer-DVR-112D-chosen-as-1-digital-storage-device-Press-Release.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Pioneer rocks.

well, the 112D has lots of issues burning CD’s. it seems a widespread problem, and i wonder why nobody mentions it. 111D rocks :wink:

My 111D sucks though. DVD-Rs that it burns won’t play in my standalones, burn quality scans look like they came off a monkey holding a laser pointer - i’m surprised the disc even reads in some drives. And this is for both Pio’s. I love my LiteOn LH-20A1P (sans lightscribe) version - it’s much more pleasing - all burns work, scans are acceptably nice. Just like how I loved my 1640 the last time, although it is growing old, it’s still being used :slight_smile:

I have used the 111D for more than a year. It never failed me ! Used Verbatim+R media to write en stand alone is Sony DVP-76H. Since 2 weeks I also have a 112D, very very good drive ! Have build a new system en bought both drives new (the ‘old’ 111D is still in other computer and i wanted 2 black devices. After installing Windows I had to upgrade de firmware from both drives. Like DukeNukem wrote: Pioneer rocks ! Lenco P.s. Still have here also a 109D & A08 en they are still in use and do the job 100%

The Dw1640 is still king imo

As impressive as the Pioneer 112/112D/212/212D performance and quality is, I’m not going to get one till Pioneer adds BITSETTING support! This feature has been requested for so long!! Is it so fr***ing hard to implement?!?!

Errr pioneer easily has bitsetting if you upgrade the firmware. Btw, I’ve not really noticed any incompatibilities from not bitsetting. So whoever insists on it is basically a dork who thinks it will make the discs work better or someone with an extremely outdated dvd player who must always bitset to get working burns.

@cd pirate - The fact that you haven’t noticed any difference doesn’t make the ones who have into dorks! How close minded of you… I have an IBM ThinkPad T22 laptop with a Matshita DVD-ROM drive that doesn’t read DVD+R disks, but does read disks that had their book type set to DVD-ROM.

You could crossflash the Pioneer 111 series with the Buffalo firmware if you wanted bitsetting. Not sure if it applies to the 112/212 series. If anyone knows how to get bitsetting on the 212, point me in the right direction.

Not to confuse TomMiken with the facts but there have been more than “a single Buffalo firmware release” for the 112 series. I have used the 8.06 and 8.21 with equally fine results.
This message was edited at: 25-07-2007 15:21

I’m not going to rely on a single Buffalo firmware release for my burner. Besides, I’m more seriously considering the 212…

Not to confuse TomMiken with the facts but there have been more than “a single Buffalo firmware release” for the 112 series. I have used the 8.06 and 8.21 with equally fine results.
This message was edited at: 25-07-2007 15:21

@steven2874 - thanks for the enlightenment. From your experience, does Buffalo release firmware updates as frequently as Pioneer?