Pioneer DVR-112D Black vs. Beige?

This drive was recommended here as an excellent burner, so I checked to see if it was available from newegg.com. They had a black-faced unit and a beige-faced unit (which is what I want). The black-faced unit had page after page of positive reviews while the biege-faced unit had page after page of negative reviews. One reviewer even said, “I should have bought the black one.” What’s going on here? :confused:

Perhaps the Tray he got wasn’t black? People say black tray should helps to get better burns

They are the same burner just different colors is all :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

@ audiodrome,

Contrary to whatever is posted at NewEgg the Case FacePlate color is not a factor in quality and performance of the Pioneer DVR-112D.

Regards,
bjkg

I don’t know about that Bj. I have a black car and a white car and the black one always performs better than the white one.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=bjkg;1929918]@ audiodrome,

Contrary to whatever is posted at NewEgg the Case FacePlate color is not a factor in quality and performance of the Pioneer DVR-112D.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

Correct. :iagree:

My beige Pio-112 produces one perfect burn after the other. Even if a black tray would have advantages the results of the beige Pio-112 still would be great.

I realize that the color doesn’t make any difference. I just thought that this was very odd, and it made me wonder whether this is a good burner at all.

@ audiodrome,

If the Pioneer DVR-112D is manufactured after March07, properly connected on an Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable, and operates in the Ultra DMA Mode 4, you will find that the Pioneer DVR-112D is an excellent DVD Burner.

Regards,
bjkg

A little OT…

I seen this burner on a Canadian computer store site but it had a round eject button. Is that a newer revision?

http://www.canadacomputers.com/main.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=012683&cid=CR.184

[QUOTE=CyberPlex;1931006]A little OT…

I seen this burner on a Canadian computer store site but it had a round eject button. Is that a newer revision?

http://www.canadacomputers.com/main.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=012683&cid=CR.184

[/QUOTE]

No thats just a retail drive you would buy from normal shops that comes in a box. The other drives are oem

[QUOTE=Mystery Man;1931247]No thats just a retail drive you would buy from normal shops that comes in a box. [B]The other drives are oem[/B][/QUOTE]

The other drives are BULK. OEM is not the correct term here.

[QUOTE=CyberPlex;1931006]I seen this burner on a Canadian computer store site but it had a round eject button. Is that a newer revision?[/QUOTE]

This is a pic of an A12XL, and I’m not aware of a A15 version.