Pioneer DVR-111L - no bitsetting under Vista

vbimport

that’s the problem. no bitsetting under vista with my 111l burner. thanks for any help in advance.

here you can see a comparison between xp and vista.

“als Standard setzen” means “set as standard”

Have you tried patching with MCSE?

it’s the tdb firmware which is already patched for bitsetting.

the drive is a 111d crossflashed to 111l.

[QUOTE=pedder;2053621]it’s the tdb firmware which is already patched for bitsetting.[/QUOTE]ok maybe someone else that knows will post.

It’s auto bitset you can’t change it just burn a disk a + R and it will automatically be DVD-ROM also a DVD + R DL but a + RW will stay the same

With pioneer you can’t change the bitset setting after patch they are auto bitset to Rom

yes, nothing new to me. the problem is that auto bitsetting doesn’t work under vista (as you can see in the pics). the disc stays dvd+r dl for example.

[QUOTE=pedder;2053621]it’s the tdb firmware which is already patched for bitsetting.

the drive is a 111d crossflashed to 111l.[/QUOTE]

the screenshot is normal, the 111L auto bitset’s, no software will ever give you an option, as pioneer do not offcially support it

Hi :slight_smile:
Pioneer should read all bit setting programs of Nero as either greyed out (as in CD/DVDSpeed & DiscSpeed).
In the case of Nero Burning Rom, the feature is just not present.

DiscSpeed

Nero Burning Rom. Note bit setting N/A.

An example of the feature via Burning Rom.

Despite this. If using either tdb’s auto bitset or ala42’s MCSE to patch the f/w for auto bitset.
The burned media booktype should read as DVD-ROM.
Remember it is the booktype that changes, not the media type.

ok i see now said the blind man…throw a burned disc in that you burned with the 111L and click on the Disc Info tab…

its important you understand the screenshot showing bitsetting drop down menu, will not show with any pioneer drive, its just an example of it with other drives

thanks, but my problem remains.

burned under xp and vista

Have you tried with a newer version of CDSpeed/DiscSpeed? 4.7.0.0 may be pre-Vista. You can also check the booktype of your burned disc in ImgBurn.

[quote=pedder;2053972]thanks, but my problem remains.

burned under xp and vista[/quote]

Hi :slight_smile:
Have you checked option to show Book Type as opposed to (Media) Disc type?

ah that helps. now it shows “dvd-rom”.

but there are still differences. the xp burned disc supports autostart, the vista burned not. it still not acts like a dvd-rom.

[QUOTE=pedder;2053987]ah that helps. now it shows “dvd-rom”.

but there are still differences. the xp burned disc supports autostart, the vista burned not. it still not acts like a dvd-rom.[/QUOTE]

make sure you haven’t got the autostart disabled in vista, mine is, but that is how i want it

no, the autostart thing was under xp. it seems that i have to install xp to burn a disc to dvd-rom completely.

[QUOTE=pedder;2053987]ah that helps. now it shows “dvd-rom”.

but there are still differences. the xp burned disc supports autostart, the vista burned not. it still not acts like a dvd-rom.[/QUOTE]
Did you really burn the same data ?

[QUOTE=pedder;2053705]yes, nothing new to me. the problem is that auto bitsetting doesn’t work under vista (as you can see in the pics). the disc stays dvd+r dl for example.[/QUOTE]

That is wrong, its done by DEAFULT, no one can change that.

@ pedder,

It appears that you are confusing Media Type with Book Type. When a DVD+R SL and DVR+R DL Media disk is Book Type BitSet to DVD-ROM the Media Type of the Disk will remain as DVD+R SL or DVD+R DL but the Book Type of the Media disk will be changed to DVR-ROM. This normal and how BitSetting Firmware works.

When a particular Pioneer DVR-111 series drive Firmware allows Book Type Bit Setting of DVD+R SL and/or DVR+R DL Media the Book Type Bit Setting procedure is “Automatic”. This means that the Book Type Bit Setting is done Automatically during the Burning process and no user intervention can alter the Book Type Bit Setting process. This Book Type Bit Setting process occurs internally inside the Drive though the Drive internal Firmware settings. This Automatic Book Type Bit Setting process cannot be altered or change by the Operating System software.

Concerning AutoStart/AutoRun/AutoPlay – In this day and age with aggressive malicious RootKit programs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit) it is wise and prudent not to have AutoStart/AutoRun/AutoPlay enabled. If AutoStart/AutoRun/AutoPlay is enabled knowingly a user can easily inadvertently install one of these malicious RootKit programs. Many of these malicious RootKit programs are virtually impossibly to remove and require reformat and reinstallation of the Operating System.

Regards,
bjkg