Pioneer DVR-111D - Does it support Bitsetting on DL+R?

vbimport

Hi there I’ve had a look at a few threads and can’t find a definitive answer to this.

Sorry if its been asked\answered, I have searched :slight_smile:

Basically, I understand it offers no bitsetting at all without flashing a hacked firmware\another drives firmware?

But from what I’ve read, it still will only do it on SL DVD+R discs?

Would really appreciate some pointers on this, which firmware, which tools etc.

Not been too impressed with the NEC-3540 onwards and this drive seems like a nice change, but really need it for DL discs.

Thank you

Hi :slight_smile:
The 111D by default is DVD-ROM for DVD+R DL.

Cheers Mucker :slight_smile:

So I’m sorted out the box - don’t even need to flash, just making sure :wink:

Thanks for replying

Unless you want DVD-ROM book type on single layer DVD+R. For that, you will need ot use the 8.19 firmware. I can verify this. With official 1.06 or 1.19 firmware from Pioneer, single layer DVD+R remains DVD+R book type, though dual layer DVD+R IS changed to DVD-ROM…

Like with all available Pioneer firmwares…

So we use the 8.19 for the 111L if the 111D is now flashed to a 111, is that right?

So we use the 8.19 for the 111L if the 111D is now flashed to a 111, is that right?

yes

Hello.

I’m going to try and make this clear as crystal.

Alrighty then. I have a pioneer dvr-111d flashed to 8.19 tdb.

Here are my problems:

a: I can’t find any software that will allow me to change the bit setting on a dvd-rw or +rw with my 111d

Neither dvdinfo pro n’or kprobe will see the dvr-111d 8.19 as being bit setting capable.

B: If i read the specs on the tdb firmware i should be able to write dvd-RAM, according to DIP i can only read dvd-ram.

C: As far as lightscibe I don’t quite see where it would be listed in an DIP report. I don’t care for lightscribe any way.

No problems if i use a liteon drive. However and as for the pioneer 111d from the firmware specs i seem to be missing many features others claim to have gotten with the same tdb fw updates.

Strange.

Thank you.

The drive [B]auto-bitsets[/B].That means that it applies bitsetting automatically, and no software can disable/enable it. This is why the drive appears as not-bitsetting capable. :wink:
However, with 8.xx firmware the drive applies DVD-ROM bitsetting only to [B]DVD+R[/B] and [B]DVD+R DL[/B]. No Pioneer firmware can bitset DVD+RW, and bitsetting is not supported on dash (DVD-R, DVD-RW) media.

B: If i read the specs on the tdb firmware i should be able to write dvd-RAM, according to DIP i can only read dvd-ram.

The 111[B]D[/B] does [B]not[/B] support DVD-RAM [I]writing[/I]. But if you crossflash it with the [B]111[/B] (without “D”) or [B]111L[/B] firmware, then it will.

Furthermore, the 111L version is [I]Labelflash[/I] (not lightscribe) capable.

Hope this helps, :slight_smile:

ET

To summarize, the latest 8.26 from TDB will allow:

• auto +R and +R_DL bitsetting
  • full RAM support
  • labelflash
  • region free
    There is a riplock on it which can be removed with latest ala’s MCSE
    Cheers