Pioneer DVR 111D 100 minute media issues

Hi this is my first post and I hope someone can help. I have just purchased some MediaRange 900mb/100 min cdr disks and my writer does not recognise the size of the disks it just sees them as standard disks. I am using Nero 6 Reloaded (updated) and the latest firmware for the drive. Do I need a special writer to record on these disks?

Many thanks :sad:

@ sully42,

Welcome to the Forum.

Suggest providing the Firmware Version Number of your Pioneer DVR-111D and the complete Version Number of your Nero Software Program.

Also using Nero CD-DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_4750.zip) provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the MediaRange 900mb Media. Using Nero CD-DVD Speed the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the MediaRange 900mb Media can be obtained by clicking on the “Disc Info” tab.

After providing the above request information experienced knowledgeable Forum Members will review the provided information and will advice.

Regards,
bjkg

Hi once again, the firmware version is on the 111D is 1.29 and Nero Reloaded 6.6.1.15.

Thanks for all the help.

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : CD-R
Manufacturer: : unknown
MID : 96m40s05f
Write speeds: : 4 X - 10 X - 16 X - 24 X - 32 X
Capacity: : 79:59.74
: 703 MB
Extended Information
Usage : General
Disc Status : Empty
Raw Data
ATIP
0000 - C0 00 80 00 60 28 05 00 4F 3B 4A 00 FF FF FF 00 - …`(…O;J…
0010 - FF FF FF 00 FF FF FF 00 - …

They may work with the burner, but more than approx. 830mb is not realistic…

They were purchased as 900mb/100minute CR-R disks

:bow:

And?

@ sully42,

Suggest CLOSELY review your #3 posting and note the actual size of your Media that Nero CD-DVD Speed Disc Info is reporting. Nero CD-DVD Speed Disc Info reports that the actual size of your Media is 703MB and not 900MB.

I seriously doubt that Nero CD-DVD Speed is incorrect in determining the true actual size of your Media.

I personally would return this suspect MediaRange 900mb/100 min Media and demand at total refund of the purchase price. Another note that makes this Media suspect is that Nero CD-DVD Speed is unable to determine the Manufacture of the Media. Nero CD-DVD Speed is easily able to determine the Manufacture of Quality Media but cheap poorly manufactured Media does not provide this information.

Regards,
bjkg

All cd-R media rated for more than the usual 80min/70xmb is recognized like that.

Only enabling overburning and testing will give you the real info about the capability of the drive to use/overburn this media.

Ive been using 900MB/99min CDR for over 4-5years (cant remember), I ideally use my CDRW Writer as better but you do need to set in Nero settings the minutes, and seconds in the overburn section ( I use 99mins 02secs ) and check the box, then since Nero 7 you can also check box for short lead in/lead out, the 100mins may be pushing it as 900MB is more near 99mins than 100mins.
When you actually go to burn the CD you set it to Disc At Once mode DAO not Track At Once mode TAO or you wont even get the option to overburn, also the disc should be set to No Multisession and Finalise Disc when you do change to DAO (notice I say it should so double check), if all is ok you agree to the overburn warning msg and go ahead, the media should not be burned at your full speeds ideally, the media I buy (Infiniti) is rated for 32x where their normal 700MB/80mins media is rated for 52x.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I thought that there might be something wrong with my drive. I assumed that the disks would have been picked up as the 900mb/100 min disks they were sold to me as (900mb/100min stamped on the disks). I flashed my 111D because I thought the update might recognise the media code of the disks. I will try a more expensive disks next time these were £4.20 for 25, I bought 50 (LOL).