It’s the first time something like this happens to me.
I buy for my father a kit PC.
AMD X2 4200+ AM2 Socket
Asus 7600 GT
Hitachi 320Go Sata II HD
Pioneer DVR 111D Ide
2x512 DDR2 Corsair 5300
I can use the drive to install windows XP but when it’s done and when I put a CD or DVD in a windows session, Explorer become freeze and nothing happens.
I try to do the following things:
- Try to update the firmware of the dvd. Taking Pioneer ones 1.29 it says that it’s already latest
- Try to flash Motherboard but BIOS is also the latest
- Of course installed last Nforce 5 drivers
- Uninstall IDE controller and re install it, but the bug came back
- Uninstall DVD driver but bug came back with reinstall
- Change Jumper config, in any mode Slave Master or CS it’s the same
- Use another IDE cable (from my personnal pc) but it’s the same
- I just finish to make total reinstall of XP Pro but problem is still there
As the DVD Player allow to use Windows Boot CD I know that it work…
WHat’s HAPPENING ??? :a
Thanks for your help!!