Pioneer DVR-111 cannot write on "high" speeds

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-111 / DVR-A11. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello,

I own a Pioneer DVR-111 for more that two years now. Recently, I’ve started having a problem with it. Anytime I try burning a DVD or CD on higher speeds (more than 24x for CDs and more than 4x for DVDs) computer starts lagging (CPU load gets very high) and the speed drops to 1x-2x for DVDs and to 12x-17x for CDs. So burning a DVD takes something more than half an hour while the PC is being slow as turtle all that time. The problem cannot be solved by changing the burning software. I have the latest (v1.29) firmware installed for my burner.

Here are the specs of my PC:
Intel Core2Duo E6600
2 GB RAM
2x 250 GB HDD
Pioneer DVR-111
Creative Audigy 4
nVidia GeForce 7900 GTX

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

@ dere,

Welcome to the Forum.

For the Pioneer DVR-111 to operate and function correctly at its optimal performance the Pioneer DVR-111 needs to operate in the Ultra DMA Mode 4. From the narrative of your initial #1 postings it appears that your Pioneer DVR-111 drive is not operating in the Ultra DMA 4 Mode.

Suggest reviewing the CD and DVD Burner Forum Read First posting titled “Troubleshooting: Enable/Checking DMA In Windows” ->

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/

Regards,
bjkg

Thank you very much. :slight_smile: That did solve the problem.:clap::bow: