Pioneer Dvr-110d and sony 16d1 warm disc problem

vbimport

I got the following problem: when I burn a sony 16d1 @16x no problem at all.
But when I eject and reinsert the disc after the burning, the drive will not recognize the disc. The same applies when I read any sony 16d1 for an extended period of time (say 2 minutes) or when the disc become warm because of the hi-speed spinning.

To have my Pioneer read it again I have to let the disc cool down.

This behaviour happens only with sony 16d1 made in India.

Anyone has seen similar problem?

I haven’t seen this particular problem with this combination of burner and media.

I have seen problems with drives (not discs) heating up, however.

I’ve also seen problems with media being badly written when burned at high speeds such as 16x.

I suggest you try burning those discs at 8x and see if the readability improves.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2170421]I haven’t seen this particular problem with this combination of burner and media.

I have seen problems with drives (not discs) heating up, however.

I’ve also seen problems with media being badly written when burned at high speeds such as 16x.

I suggest you try burning those discs at 8x and see if the readability improves.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
I’ve tried to burn @8x but the problem persists.

I’ve also noticed that the quality scan depends on the temperature and on the speed: the higher the temperature and the speed the worse the scan.

The disc reads perfectly on a standalone dvd recorder and player (Pioneer dvr-320 and a Samsung combo respectively).
If the Pioneer dvr-110d or the disc (or both) are allowed to cool down the problem goes away.

Quality scan with a DVR-110?

I say that is useless.

Open the side of your computer case for extra air flow :stuck_out_tongue:

Does the drive’s disc tray feel very hot?

Honestly, the DVR 108, 109 & 110 series (standard) are not really heat absorbing optimized.
As many users have reported over the last years, this heating problem can produce real issues regarding read & write.
Conclusion: Use them not too often in-a-row and always try to cool them down.

[QUOTE=chef;2171038]Honestly, the DVR 108, 109 & 110 series (standard) are not really heat absorbing optimized.
As many users have reported over the last years, this heating problem can produce real issues regarding read & write.
Conclusion: Use them not too often in-a-row and always try to cool them down.[/QUOTE]

Good pieces of advice here.
Thank you very much!
At least I know my drive isn’t failing…

That is my own opinion from these drives, BTW.
Actually my 111s doing a great job, still.