Pioneer DVR-109 which blank media help its been a long time

hi there its been a long time since i bought some media the last media i bought for my pionner 109 was theses

Datasafe Pro (TY) Full-Face Printable (8x) DVD-R
http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=149&prepg=3

i was woundering if there is anything better now and have to be DVD-R with full face print. panasonic better at all ??? or are the 8x speed disks better tnah the 16x ??? or is there other brands which is the highest quality

or should i just by some more of these its been 2 years since i got some last and i have not been on ball about new media and just thought i would ask as i dont wnat to buy these if there is better out there.

let me know thanks and thanks for any help

anyone ?

If the Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R work well for you, there’s no reason to change.

As an alternative, you can get these as unbranded Taiyo Yudens in 100pc cakebox:

Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8x Full-Face Printable at SVP currently £31.02 for 100

Well on my old 109 TYG02 and MCC02RG20 discs work great, TYG03 burnt fine on it but the results scan wise wasn’t as good, for me the 111 burns G03’s better than the 109 did.

I’d hit up some MCC02RG20 or TYG02. The 109 is a pretty good writer and shouldn’t have any problems with those discs. Basically, any Verbatim media you can find should work pretty darn well on the 109, as will taiyo yuden.

i noticed svp say ADVDInfo: TYG02/TYG03 ??? i thougth the
TYG02 x8 speed
TYG03 x16 speed

why do thay have both on for the Datasafe Pro (TY) Full-Face Printable (8x) DVD-R ???

Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs of a lower grade are sold as “Value Line” in North America and they are a mix of TYG02 and TYG03 sold as “8x” rated media.

Apparently the Taiyo Yuden DVD-R by Datasafe sold by SVP are of the same lower grade and also a mix of media codes.

I’ll repeat my suggestion of getting some first grade Taiyo Yudens from SVP instead:

Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8x Full-Face Printable at SVP currently £31.02 for 100

For non-archival work, the 109 loves CMC MAG AE1 media - overspeeds the 8x to 16x with quite adequate results - wouldn’t trust 'em as much as genuine TY or MCC in the long run though, but it can make an OK burn.