Pioneer DVR-109 DVD+R DL booktype setting help

vbimport

I understand that the booktype setting is supposed to be set at DVD-ROM for greater compatibility. For some reason, and yes I do have the lastest firmware installed, it is set to DVD+R DL. Both Nero and DVD decrypter are reporting this. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hi :slight_smile:

You need the 8.40 “Buffalo” firmware to set booktype/bitsetting on the 109.

This implies crossflashing your 109 to A09 firmware.

I don’t have a step-by-step explanation for you, but a quick search on this forum and you’ll probably find a link to some guide. It’s been covered several times. :wink:

Be aware that crossflashing the 109 to A09, though it has many advantages, will void the warranty.

Cheers :slight_smile:

You do not need Buffalo 8.40 firmware for DL bitsetting. That is default in the pioneer official firmware as its needed for the discs to play properly in most players. It is the same with the 108. The Buffalo firmware is only for SL and RW media bitsetting which the official pioneer one does not support.

The disc type will show as DVD+R DL until you burn it. After you burn it the firmware automatically changes the booktype to read DVD-ROM. I have done this last night in fact and it worked perfectly, you do not need to manually change book type.

:o Ooops didn’t notice the “DL”… :o