Pioneer DVR-109 died?

vbimport

didn’t have any problems for the first two days of using… then, after 10-15 recorded DVDs, recorded 52% and stopped (Nero 6.3.1.6, TDK DVD-R 8x, firmware 1.09, came with it), LED dead, progress bar at 52%, time going on… killed Nero, drive locked, restart… tried at 6X… same thing, but at 72%… at 4X passed…
found a thread here about DVR-109/RecordNow combo and it solved all problems…

today drive suddenly coudn’t read any of the DVDs (originals nor recorded) and got locked, left locked even after restart… unlocked itself (x-files?) on it’s own after few restarts (without sticking a needle in the hole)… still cannot read any DVDs or CDs… I can hear only a short spin and then a click/thump and it repeats few times and then stops (seen it last time years ago on very old CD drives that died)… so I guess it is dead…

but a strange thing happened after that… started a game that requires CD to run, forgot to put it in, came to idea to try putting a CD in DVR and not in CD drive (TEAC CD-W552G)… and the game recognized it… took a little longer but it managed to load a game and generate a map… after a restart (system) DVR recognized that CD but wouldn’t read any other as it wouldn’t before playing…
damn twilight zone…

Yeah my nec died this way :slight_smile: The company gave me a new one… I tried some stuff on linux kde k3b burner, it said no media found, i pushed the ‘FORCE’ button :smiley: And then the drive went dead :))

gave me new one built just a few days before 1.40 so 1.17 is up… let’s see if this one will last any longer… guys said that I’m the first one with to have a problem (who knows, maybe I am) with 109 since they got it in their shop…
still I have to test if this one will have problems with Nero…