Pioneer DVR 108 ver 1.20

vbimport

Hi u all!!

I have a DVR 108 ver 1.20 that when burning, it stops at 9% and thats it!! DVD media to the trash can. Was working wonderfull but all of a sudden… Am just hrowing dvds away… can anyone hel me??? I have win xp pro sp2.

Hi u all!!

I have a DVR 108 ver 1.20 that when burning, it stops at 9% and thats it!! DVD media to the trash can. Was working wonderfull but all of a sudden… Am just hrowing dvds away… can anyone hel me??? I have win xp pro sp2.
:s

thats not enough info to determine the reason, got some questions

what program did you use to burn it and is it the latest version?
was the antivirus resident protection disabled when you burned it?
whats the mediacode of those medias? use dvdidentifier and report results
click here ,
did you do other stuff while burning? for example surfin sites/playing mp3s

check dma settings see this guide also check dma settings in bios make sure its set to auto

if you used nero to burn it open C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\NeroHistory.log copy & paste the latest but without neros serial , if you used other program then i suggest youll use nero as not all programs save logs+imo the one nero saves provides alot more info then others , also run nero infotool click the floppy icon which is after the drive name click “save” and again “save” open the saved file copy & paste

Ehrm, now I’m blind(ed) by huuuuge, coloured stuff…

Make sure you are using GOOD quality media.
It’s not necessarily a hardware problem, checking the drive in another computer is a good way to find out.

Do you have a log file describing the error … as Chef says this is probarly media related.

Merged threads and deleted the post with the oversized text.

Ive being using Ridata 8x, almos all the time… never got so many “defective” dvd’s as i have now… Dont do anything but burning. Antivirus protection has always been enabled. Am using DVD Decrypter. Latest version. When the burning % reaches 9% “keeps working” but not burning at all… it’s been happening for a week or so… never happened before, same media, same software and i can burn dvd as well, but it is something never happened… Should i flash my DVD burner? can i do that to a lower version??

I’ve got fw 1.20 on my DVR-108 and had no trouble burning Ritek, Maxell, Verbatim, so I don’t know what to tell you, although it doesn’t seem to me the current firmware (1.20) is the problem.

You could try cross-flashing the 108 to a Piodata 108DX. Has the added benefit of no rip-lock and auto +R bitsetting. Has worked very nicely for me with a variety of -R media… G05s, G04s, MXLRG03, TYG02, MUST003, SONY08, etc…

Do a search to find out how.

The 108 is an awesome drive, so best of luck in getting it going,
-Evan-

Thank u all!
By the way, i’ve been burning RiData DVD at 12x with this drive for a while without this issue… still doing… but got this thing… And yes is an awesome drive…
Evan… can u send that fw for Piodata 18DX??

runner, I think I found it here. Just scroll down, but it will be 1.18 fw to crossflash your dVr-108 to a Piodata 108DX

Yep, the link Quema34 provided is the correct one. Always know that you can head back to your current f/w if you don’t have good results for whatever reason. As much as it should be, sometimes burning doesn’t seem to be an exact science.
Glad you’re having good results with the RiDatas… burning one in my 108 as I write this! :wink:

PS - Please make sure you are completely familiar with the flashing process before attempting. Lots of threads on the subject in this forum if you are unsure.

-Evan-