Pioneer DVR-108 General Burning Question

vbimport

I’ve just bought the above which I’m intending to work alongside my LiteOn LDW-851S( firmware GS0P) which I’ve found a bit fussy with certain new DVD-R ( I only use DVD-R) media despite having the latest firmware.

I’ve upgraded the Pioneer firmware to v1.18 (it came with 1.14) as recommended by the retailer.

I’ve bought some Datawrite Grey (8x) DVD-R and Datawrite Fujicode (8x) Full Face Printable DVD-R to try with the writer. The retailer did suggest Taiyo Yuden (8x) Printable DVD-R and Taiyo Yuden (8x) Unbranded DVD-R but these come in 100 spindles and at this time of the year were a bit expensive for my needs.

Having now got it setup I have some questions about using the writer before I do my first burn…

Mostly I’ve used CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD with the LiteOn and this has worked fine, more or less. I’ve also got DVD Decrypyer, DVD Shrink & Nero (which I haven’t used for DVD burning).

Do I have to do anything special to get CloneDVD2, for example, to create the image to burn to the dual layer (DVD-9) disc? What about the other packages do they need me to do anything ?

I have a Ronin P807 standalone DVD player, which despite it being budget priced, has to date played anything I’ve thrown at it. Are there likely to be any problems with this, and other DVD players, playing dual layer DVDs I burn?

If I want to burn to a single layer DVD with the writer do I carry on as I’ve done in the past?