Pioneer DVR-107DB

vbimport

I have buy the Pioneer DVR-107DB (OEM black): is the same as Pioneer DVR-107D ?

The firmware update don’t work :confused: !!

Help me!

tnx

Hey, I have just bought a DVR-107DB too.
But mine has white front and black tray.
I guess this one is a black unit with the front changed to white. Probably to adjust stock. The price was surprisingly good for Europe (76euros).

Should I worry?
I cannot test it until next week, when I get blank media.

Like any OEM, you can convert it to a regular Pioneer using DVRFlash as long as you flash the kernel too. After that (as long as the drive is using an unmodified firmware) even the official Pioneer upgrades will work on the drive.

then the OEM version has a different firmware than the retail version?
is it worse?

I will learn about DVRFlash…

OEM drives have a different Kernel identification. This is so that Pioneer official flash utilities can recognize that they are OEM and refuse to flash. OEM firmwares are the same as retail firmwares, but OEM’s usually don’t release updates so the rebadged drives are stuck at older versions.

I’m a little confused. Can you flash an OEM Pioneer 107 that was purchased from NewEgg with the 1.18 Pioneer firmware update, or do I have to use DVRFlash first. The drive has never had any firmware updates. The reason I ask is that Pioneer’s site shows a firmware update for the “DVR-A07/107” drives.

That depends on what kind of OEM Newegg sold you. If it is just a bulk Pioneer drive without the box, then it will work. If it is intended for some other company to sell, then it won’t work. The official upgrades definately won’t work on a DVR-107DB

Thanks for the answer. The burner was just a bare Pioneer drive. It wasn’t Memorex or some other brand that uses Pioneer drives.

Mine is also a bare Pioneer, not Memorex or other brand… but the sticker says 107DB.
i am now running CDBremse and it says “DVR-107D 1.05”

is it a “D” or a “DB”?
Is the fw 1.05 very old? bad?

Btw, CDBremse can’t control the speed of the 107DB.

your earlier post said it was white, therefore it is a 107D latest FW is 1.17 or 1.18. My Pioneer was bought as bulk (though listed as OEM) came with a cardboard box and large foldout data sheet.

Some bulk drives look normal, just like the retail 107D, but they have a kernel type of something like MEDION or something.

Thanks! It works perfectly :bow:
Now i have the firmware 1.18 on my OEM drive! :bigsmile:

your earlier post said it was white, therefore it is a 107D latest FW is 1.17 or 1.18. My Pioneer was bought as bulk (though listed as OEM) came with a cardboard box and large foldout data sheet.

The front bezel is white, but the tray interior is black (front bezel of the tray is white).
The sticker on top of the unit says 107DB.
I think this is a black unit, with the front bezels replaced with white bezel.
Maybe an overstock of black units…

Mine is a bulk unit, and came in a cardboard “envelope”.