Pioneer DVR-107D won't recognize DVDs period

I formatted my HD and reinstalled Windows. My Pioneer DVR-107D offers to burn to cd, and will read cds, but it refuses to burn to DVDs or read them (it says they’re blank cds). I’ve updated the firmware per the Pioneer website, and it flashed fine. Any ideas?

Welcome to cdfreaks. :slight_smile:

Linky. Oldish thred, yes, but still one of the best on this forum to start your troubleshooting with.

[QUOTE=spamgirl;2030291]I formatted my HD and reinstalled Windows. My Pioneer DVR-107D offers to burn to cd, and will read cds, but it refuses to burn to DVDs or read them (it says they’re blank cds). I’ve updated the firmware per the Pioneer website, and it flashed fine. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

And what would you say if you would know that windooze has NO dvd write/play support?!?!
_Install a PROPER dvd burning app and also an mpeg2 dvd codec.

[quote=chef;2030585]And what would you say if you would know that windooze has NO dvd write/play support?!?!
_Install a PROPER dvd burning app and also an mpeg2 dvd codec.[/quote]

I would say that doesn’t surprise me lol I’ll do it :slight_smile: thanks

[quote=chef;2030585]And what would you say if you would know that windooze has NO dvd write/play support?!?!
_Install a PROPER dvd burning app and also an mpeg2 dvd codec.[/quote]

Found the Pioneer CD, installed the UDF driver, all is well now :slight_smile: (For anyone else with the same problems)