Pioneer DVR-106/A06 RPC-1 region free patch available at pioneerdvd.rpc1.org

vbimport

I am suprised this has not been posted yet!

A region-free firmware for the Pioneer DVR-106/A06 is now available on Pioneer Region-free DVD Firmware Page.

Haven’t tried it yet since I am in the middle of a large backup. I will try it in a few days since I can’t afford the drive to be down right now!

The readme file is as follows:

Drive: Pioneer DVR-106/DVR-A06 (Dual format DVD+/- Burner)
Firmware Rev.: v1.07
Patch: RPC-1 (Region Free) + 2xDVD-R + 12xRip (pressed DVDs)
Date: 2003.09.22 - 23:03 GMT
Author: >NIL:
Release Notes: This is the release version of the 2x4all DVD-R including the anti 2x Rip Speed limitation patch. The 2xDVD-R patch DOES NOT alter the write strategy for Pioneer 2x authorized media, or any media that is burnt at 1x or 4x PROPER BURN OF 2X NON AUTHORIZED MEDIA IS NOT GUARANTEED!
Flashing Instructions: Make sure you don’t have Intel Application Accelerator installed. Then run UPGRADE.BAT. You shouldn’t have to downgrade if you flash from Windows
Useful Links: http://forum.rpc1.org/ (See: DVD-R/RAM/+RW)
http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/
Thanks to: Flash, nicw, Gradius, zaitec2, Vlad & Igor…

I posted it here a couple of days ago, but I guess it was easy to miss.

Sorry, it didn’t show up when I searched titles for “pioneer and rpc” or “pioneer and region”. Guess I should have searched the whole posts.

Have you tried this patch? Any issues we should be aware of?

Thanks!

Originally posted by bawaji
Sorry, it didn’t show up when I searched titles for “pioneer and rpc” or “pioneer and region”. Guess I should have searched the whole posts.

Woudnt worry about it, deserved its own thread really anyway :slight_smile: Wonder why this wasnt on the front page? Anyway, If you need opinions on it, theres a long thread over at the site that hosts it

Thanks! I found the thread. If anyone else is interested, it is available here .

I updated the firmware on my 106D. Went well and I am now able to rip DVD movies much faster than the original firmware’s 2x!

Thanks >NIL: :slight_smile: