Pioneer DVR-103 burner

Hi. Will my Pioneer DVR-103 burner let me burn games as usual? It doesn’t support RAW-DAO… If I can burn, do I need to do something different. What is the difference between DAO and SAO. This is the info from CDClone. Thanks

Device Capabilities:
Note: This information is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. CloneCD does not use this information!
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: DVD-RW DVR-103
Revision: 1.80
Can read CD-R Discs: Yes
Can read CD-RW Discs: Yes
Can read DVD Discs: Yes
Can read MultiSession Discs: Yes
Can read Digital Audio Discs: Yes
Digital Audio Data is accurate: Yes
Can write CD-R Discs: Yes
Can write CD-RW Discs: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: No
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports Buffer Underrun Protection: No

even if u could burn games the lack of buffer underun protection would quickly build up ur collection of “coaster cds” the lack of doa burning abilty isnt too bad if the drive can at least read in true raw mode

Thanks for the reply. Does any one else have any info or experience with this drive? I have it in my new computer and I would like to use it for burning games…Thanks

This burner does not support RAW-SAO, neither does it overburn (mine doesn’t, firmwares tested are 1.55, 1.65, 1.68, 1.80, 1.90).
For me, not even the windows flasher works, neither does the dos flasher delivered with fw 1.90. I had to use the old flasher, delivered with 1.68.
Note that this flasher is capable of bad-flash-recovery if the BIOS can recognise the drive.

Its Burnproof only works for DVD, not for CD. It is not able to write to crap discs (Taiyo Yuden work flawlessly). It can read RAW+16, not RAW+96. Reading of Key2Audio V2 works without any issue, V3 CDs are not recognised.
I, as many others as well, must run it in PIO mode, because it otherwise burns coasters (“communication failure error”, system hangs etc).

I strongly recommend to have an additional reader and an additional cd writer.

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]This burner does not support RAW-SAO, neither does it overburn (mine doesn’t, firmwares tested are 1.55, 1.65, 1.68, 1.80, 1.90).
For me, not even the windows flasher works, neither does the dos flasher delivered with fw 1.90. I had to use the old flasher, delivered with 1.68.
Note that this flasher is capable of bad-flash-recovery if the BIOS can recognise the drive.

Its Burnproof only works for DVD, not for CD. It is not able to write to crap discs (Taiyo Yuden work flawlessly). It can read RAW+16, not RAW+96. Reading of Key2Audio V2 works without any issue, V3 CDs are not recognised.
I, as many others as well, must run it in PIO mode, because it otherwise burns coasters (“communication failure error”, system hangs etc).

I strongly recommend to have an additional reader and an additional cd writer.

[/B]

Thanks for the response. What do you use your A03 for then? Were you ever successful burning a back-up for a game?

It’s a DVD burner, and I use it for burning DVDs…why should I use it for CDs :confused:

It’s a DVD burner, and I use it for burning DVDs…why should I use it for CDs :confused:

Burning DVD’s is a hassle…

Only if you use crap media.

Only if you use crap media.

/what program do you use to back up your dvds? Can you back up a two sided dvd? Thank you