Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K17LF ATA

vbimport

I just got (today!) a brand new Toshiba Satellite A215 S7444 notebook, but the cd/dvd driver doesn`t work, not even on the boot!

I tried to go to the toshiba site and download the dvd firmware for my model, but it doesn`t even start the setup.

Please don`t tell me to go and change for a new one, because it was bought on another country :/.

What should I do? I`m desperate!

Thanks.

@ luisramos,

If you have a “Brand New” Computer it has both a Manufacture Warranty and most certainly a Retailer’s “Customer Satisfaction” Warranty and Customer Support.

It is highly recommend that you contact both the Retailer and the Manufacture to correct your problem instead of relying on the CD Freaks Web Forum to correct your “Brand New” Computer problem.

Regards,
bjkg

thanks! but that’s the problem, i bought in another country (i’m in brasil), i can’t return.
maybe i’ll buy antoher drive, because i think it’s broken.

@ luisramos,

The fact you purchased your “Brand New” Toshiba Satellite A215 S7444 LapTop in another Country doesn’t prevent you from making a Manufactures Warranty claim. Toshiba has a 1-year Warranty on their “Brand New” Satellite Laptop Computers and conducts business WorldWide.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=luisramos;2049831]I just got (today!) a brand new Toshiba Satellite A215 S7444 notebook, but the cd/dvd driver doesn`t work, not even on the boot!

I tried to go to the toshiba site and download the dvd firmware for my model, but it doesn`t even start the setup.

Please don`t tell me to go and change for a new one, because it was bought on another country :/.

What should I do? I`m desperate!

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful that you have downloaded the CORRECT firmware for your drive.

But if it doesnt work anyway, a firmware will NOT help.

thanks guys! turns out that the notebook wasn’t that “brand new”, because the driver wasn’t spining (don’t know how to say that).

thanks.