PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K14L and Verbatim16x bad burn results!?

vbimport

:sad:
Hi !
I just bought 200 Verbatim DVD+R 16x certified…
Now I burned some with my PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K14L Burner which is capable of burning DVDs at 8x! But the verbatim are only burned at 2,4x!?!? WHY? :frowning:
It’s a combo drive in a laptop…

I tried to look at the quality with nero CD-DVD Speed of the burned disks and the results are bad i think:

Drive: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K14L
Firmware: 1.10
Disktype:: DVD+R (MCC 004)
Speed: Maximum
PI errors
Maximum: 1934
average: 974.21
total: 413967
PI failures
Maximum: 3
average: 0.91
total: 295
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scan-Statistik
Verstrichene Zeit: 0:39
Anzahl der Samples: 420
Durchschnittliches Scanintervall: 8.00 ECC
Störimpulse entfernt: 0

The quality index is though 97%!? What do these results mean???

I tried to search a firmwareupdate for the drive and found only this: http://www1.medion.de/downloads/index.pl?op=detail&id=2895&type=treiber&lang=de and installed it but no effect. :a

Are the discs low quality? Because with some other CHEAPER disks (Octron) is MUCH better:

Laufwerk: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K14L
Firmware: 1.10
Disktype:: DVD-R (RITEKG05)
Gewählte Geschwindigkeit: Maximum
PI errors
Maximum: 228
average: 78.10
total: 30695
PI failures
Maximum: 1
average: 0.23
total: 66
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scan-Statistik
Verstrichene Zeit: 0:45
Anzahl der Samples: 420
Durchschnittliches Scanintervall: 8.00 ECC
Störimpulse entfernt: 0

How can this be??? I thought Verbatim are high quality discs??? Is MMC004 fake media or what!?!?

Or is it just the combination of the the burner and the verbatim discs that makes the quality bad???

Sry for my english i’m german :wink:

Please give me some advices! :confused:

Enable DMA!

You cannot rely on such quality scans done with an Pioneer burner yet.

End of the story.

Hi!
DMA is enabled!
So what now?
And why does the burner only burn with 2,4x speed? :confused:
I use nero 7 premium edition
:bow:

Possibly the firmware doesn’t support those 16x discs. Just an idea. :slight_smile:

hm, possible…
isn’t there something i can do or try?

What’s about the high PI-Error rate? perhaps i can make the tests again on a drive of a friend and tell you the results…

PS: I see in your signature that you’ve got the LG 4167B. I read very good tests about it but also some comments that some are low quality…what’s with yours`?

Testing the discs on another (preferably 16x) drive is a very good idea. :iagree:

A little OT, but since you asked…my LG4167B is a fine burner, I’m happy with it. :slight_smile:

Edit: I see you mentioned running the tests again in someone else’s drive. I thought you meant burning a couple, which also would help to see if they’re good. :slight_smile:

ok i’ll do both and then report the results…

One last question: So the “bad 4167-burners” are just a few like it can happen everywhere just 1 out of 100 or something like that and the rest is good quality?

There are a few threads on the 4167, mainly about a capacitor/PSU issue…I think some drives suffer, some don’t. Luckily, mine doesn’t. :slight_smile:

Good luck with the test burns/scans.

Moved to the Pioneer DVD Burner Forum. :wink:

MCC 004 media is not supported by the DVR-K14L 1.10 firmware. It is supported by the K14RA 1.14 Acer OEM firmware, but I do not know if your drive can be crossflashed with the Acer firmware. It could simply kill it or have the wrong Master/Slave/CableSelect setting.