PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D Problems

i keep on gettubg errors when tryin to burn a disc… ive tried updating my firmware and reinstalling nero… here is the log file any help would be appreiciated

Welcome to CD Freaks. :flower:

Does the issue occur only with CD-R? Or does it also happen with writable DVD media?

i have burnt a cd before… i have no idea why im getting this problem… this burner is fairy new got it late last year sometime…i think… ive burnt a few cds before with it. now every time i burn a disc it screws the disc up soo its no longer blank and makes the cd unusable ive wasted around 6 discs so far… i tried getting a new version of nero… tried removing it and reinstalling tried updating firmware… and i really don’t want to format my operating system…

Disable Multisession Mode.
Try with another tool like Imgburn and cdburnerxp.
Also try withother media!

Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR)

Actually if you bought it last year and you are having trouble burning CD’s I suggest before you do anything else you need to check the build date on the sticker on top of the unit. If its December 2006 to Feb 2007, and it clicks when you put in a CD, you need to have it replaced.

Why would it need to be replaced… also i hear no click when puttin cd’s in… anyway ill pull the thing out and look at the top lable atm cant find the screwdriver…

i tried to burn a cd with imgburn… here is the logfile.

[QUOTE=Loufier;1937817]Why would it need to be replaced… also i hear no click when puttin cd’s in… anyway ill pull the thing out and look at the top lable atm cant find the screwdriver…[/QUOTE]

We had a bad batch between Dec06 and Feb07 which had CD mechanism failures and it sounds as if you are in the right date range at least.

wat kinda click is it a load click? or quite… how noticable is it… and can these burners read cds? cause it reads cds fine… and its burnt a few CD-R 's before… im thinking maybe its windows vista…

[QUOTE=Loufier;1937901]wat kinda click is it a load click? or quite… how noticable is it… and can these burners read cds? cause it reads cds fine… and its burnt a few CD-R 's before… im thinking maybe its windows vista…[/QUOTE]

Doh, check the manufacturing date!!!

[QUOTE=Loufier;1937901]wat kinda click is it a load click? or quite… how noticable is it… and can these burners read cds? cause it reads cds fine… and its burnt a few CD-R 's before… im thinking maybe its windows vista…[/QUOTE]

Vista shouldn’t present any problems on its own. Generally speaking if the drive reads CD’s OK then it isn’t displaying our well known fault, which is a total failure of the CD optics.

[QUOTE=chef;1937935]Doh, check the manufacturing date!!![/QUOTE]

Well, if it reads CD’s regardless of the manufacturing date, it isn’t faulty. Not all drives from that period were faulty.

how do i fix the problem im having… i want to be able to burn cds…

Dont we all !!! :frowning:

Louifer!!!
Check the manufacturing date like he said twice!!!

My DVR-112D Would read cd’s, but would not burn them even after I burned a couple before. Seriously you probably got a bad drive. the cd side goes out & it will stop burning cd’s so stop re-installing software & trying all of this stuff that it isn’t:confused:

And whats the difference what time it was manufactured… either way it wont solve my problem.

[QUOTE=Brad-Pioneer;1937960]Vista shouldn’t present any problems on its own. Generally speaking if the drive reads CD’s OK then it isn’t displaying our well known fault, which is a total failure of the CD optics.

Well, if it reads CD’s regardless of the manufacturing date, it isn’t faulty. Not all drives from that period were faulty.[/QUOTE]

Brad, I had one that would not burn but it would read cd's sometimes. So I know this to not be all the way true from my experience. It had exact same symptoms. I just got it back yesterday from pioneer repair. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Loufier;1954954]And whats the difference what time it was manufactured… either way it wont solve my problem.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does!!!!!!!!! you can get a new one from pioneer if you would just listen to some of us!  :rolleyes:

@ Loufier,

SOME Pioneer DVR-112 Drives had a manufacturing defect problem that the Drive after some amount of CD Read/Write cycles became unable to Read/Write CD Media. This is a known well-documented fact and throughout the CD Freaks Pioneer DVD Forum this problem has been thoroughly and completely discussed numerous times. Suggest using the Forum magic Search button.

Suggest closely looking at posting #5and #7 by Forum Member Brad-Pioneer signature and note EXACTLY who he is. I believe he is absolutely fully knowledge about the Pioneer DVR-112D CD Read/Write problem.

Strongly suggest taking the time and effort to locate a screwdriver and check your Pioneer DVR-112D manufacturing date. If your drive was manufactured between 06 December and 07 March your Pioneer DVR-122D is HIGHLY suspect of having a CD Mechanism Failure and the cause of your CD Media problem. Do yourself a favor and check the manufacturing date of your Pioneer DVR-112D.

Regards,
bjkg