Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-107D

vbimport

Hi all

I have a Pioneer DVR writer (Model DVD-RW DVR-107D) and it has just stopped working!!

I tried to do the ‘add new hardware’ thingy in Control Panel, but that doesnt work. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe I have deleted the driver somehow? Dunno! Could someone help?

Cheers

try it in another computer and come back after.

You dont need drivers to use it. Only a software that can use that drive. Like Nero 6+.

Can you open the tray ? Can you read a DVD ? A CD ? We need more informations.

Hi

I havent tried it in another PC.

I have Nero software and it was working fine.

The tray opens but wont read discs.

Thanks

you didnt change anything in your computer ? ANYTHING ?
(trying to help you).

It will sound stupid , but check both cables (IDE and power). Sometimes they just pop out.

Hi

I cant remember changing anything. I installed some software called Divx 2 DVD so i could burn a movie but couldnt find the DVD in the menu to use.

I will check the cables.

Thanks

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit and click OK.

2. Browse to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

1. Right-click on both the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters registry values and choose Delete/Ok. If you find only one of the Upperfilters or Lowerfilters values, delete just the one.

2. Close the registry editor and restart the machine.

hi

Thanks for that. I tried it and deleted the ‘Upvalues’ part, re-booted the machine but still not there!! Its really strange. There must be power going to the device because I can open the tray manually but when I go into ‘My Computer’ it is not showing in the ‘Devices with removable storage’ category.

Cheers

Try this.
I’m guessing ur using windows xp
Right Click on My Computer and click on Manage.
Then Device Manager on the left had side.
Right Click on the Top Icon in the Tree (its the computers name) - it has a computer as its icon.
Click on Scan for Hardware Changes.
See if the drive has come up in My Computer now.
If that works the only way i no how 2 fix that is reformat

Andrew Bob

Did this work steelman1972 ?

I’ve got a question. Can i crossflash my Asus DRW 804P to Pioneer DVR-107?
I know mine is the same with pioneer but i just want to know if it’s possible.
Thanks

Yes.

Now i have a problem with medias.
When i try to burn blank medias at 8x with Cursor 8x DVD-R’s my writer has a difficulity to write on %10-20 of the writing progress. It usually gives the “Power Calibration Error” and fails. If it can continue everything goes OK. After burning the reading is good but there’s a circle on the dvd.
Today i tried the same thing with Oky 8x DVD+R. And nothing went wrong.
So i’m wondering if this problem occurs just because Cursors are lack of quality. Or my DVD-RW drive has a problem or something? (Asus DRW-804P)
Thank you for your interest

Yes, it seems so.

[quote=G)-(osters;903045]1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit and click OK.

1. Browse to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

1. Right-click on both the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters registry values and choose Delete/Ok. If you find only one of the Upperfilters or Lowerfilters values, delete just the one.

2. Close the registry editor and restart the machine.[/quote]

Thanks very much, I had the same problem and the above has fixed it. Cheers.