Pioneer dvd recorder dvr 220

hey, I am having problems turning on my Dvr 220 dvd recorder.

For some reason it won’t power on at all. It only makes a high pitched sound.

Is there anyway for me to repair it or am I better off buying a new one?

Hello, I am having the same problem with my pioneer dvr 220. What response did you receive regarding your question?

jlh7610

Same problem here. Wanted to repair myself. I am sure a shop repair would be more than its worth. Have you found a solution to repair.

hello…i had the same prob with a 533-h…i got a 2nd at Amazon that was “refurbished”…after 2 month i got that really high pitch nois u guys are talkin about… with a little help from a tech guy …we found out it was the hard drive…or something close to the drive becaus the sound stopped

My similar Pioneer DVR 225 stopped powering up a few weeks back. I’m fortunate to have an acquaintance who does really cheap repair. The problem was a blown capacitor in the power supply. Works perfectly again. I was only charged $25. I suspect a real repair shop would have been more like $100 for the same issue.

pioneer dvr-220 won’t powerup after turning off…is there any other dvr’s that have the same manual record choice to record in 5 or 10 minute intervals as an option as the dvr-220

[QUOTE=tulami;2167010]pioneer dvr-220 won’t powerup after turning off…is there any other dvr’s currently for sale that have the same manual record choice to record in 5 or 10 minute intervals recording to a disc as an option as the dvr-220

[QUOTE=tulami;2167010]pioneer dvr-220 won’t powerup after turning off…is there any other dvr’s that have the same manual record choice to record in 5 or 10 minute intervals as an option as the dvr-220[/QUOTE]

I contacted Pioneer Electronics.com…there are 2 places to get this unit fixed by PIONEER SERVICE CENTERS ONLY. [Pioneer no longer makes DVR Recorders] One in California and one Columbus, Ohio. I live in MI. so,i choose to send the dvr-220 to
Pioneer Electronics, 2161 Dividend Drive,Columbus ,Ohio 43228
ATTN: Repair
…along with a $70 check to cover the evaluation{which goes to the cost of the repair]. And a short note that it blanked out . I sent the unit ups[$9] Wed. 12/03 and got i call today Fri.12/05 from Pioneer that it would cost $146 to repair{had a blown power supply and needed a new internal battery}includes shipping an a 90 day warranty plus checking out the unit to specs. They will take a credit card over the phone {for quicker service}or if you wish send in a money order for the repair as a check might take 2 weeks to clear. I choose the credit card option and they said they will return the check and send the unit out next week…HOW SWEET.

It is a simple problem.You need to open it up,and take a look at the capacitors on the power board.Replace the ones that are bulged or leaking.You can get the capacitors at a radioshack store.