Pioneer DVD DR DR-KD08HB not appearing in Windows

vbimport

Hello,

I have come across a problem on my CD/DVD Drive where it is no longer visible under Windows. A few days ago it was working fine, but now it longer appears under My Computer and is not recognised under Imgburn either.

I originally used the Microsoft Fix It to sort it out and it worked, so I burnt a CD but after the CD burnt, it went through a Verify process where it stopped responding and would refuse to budge after a few hours. I then force restarted my laptop (holding button down) as it would not shut down using the usual process.

Next boot up it was invisible again, and in an effort to look for solutions I have retried Microsoft Fix It to try re sort it out again, and also deleted the Upper and LowerFilters regedit fix without any success. Reinstalling drivers from my manufacturer doesn’t seem to work either. Finally a system restore to an earlier date didn’t work either.

I have noted that the drive appears on the screen during boot (BIOS) and it whirrs up fine if I cycle it, but Windows refuses to acknowledge it under My Computer or Device Manager (No CD/DVD branch available), and I’ve tried looking for other solutions.

As a last resort I’ve signed up to this forum to see if I can get any help.

Many thanks