Pioneer DVD/CD XV-DV131

My DVD/CD player will play CDs, burned DVDS, but not regular store bought DVDs. It will say loading and sound like the DVD is trying to play. Then It will say no disk. What can I do? PLease help.:sad:

[quote=elkeyryan;1938158]My DVD/CD player will play CDs, burned DVDS, but not regular store bought DVDs. It will say loading and sound like the DVD is trying to play. Then It will say no disk. What can I do? PLease help.:sad:[/quote] Is this a standalone player or a computer drive? What make and brand, have you upgraded your firmware lately? It could be a thousand things, we need more information.

I think he left cause he cross threaded, hey?

I have a pioneer dvd cd receiver model number xv-dv131. It is a stand alone player, any ideas?

Try inserting the disc and shutting the player down with the disc in the player. Then turn on the player and and press play.

Nope, it still doesn’t work. Could it have something to do with the region code settings. We live in Germany and have movies from two different regoins. My daughter has accidentaly tried to play region two movies in the player from time to time, and it just dawned on me that it is not playing dvd’s that have a region code, only burned and cd’s.