Pioneer DVD 212 SATA for 16 bucks today only at Microcenter

http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0295215

Store pickup only. Beige. 18X, one of the best writers ever, especially with DL.

In store pickup kinda sucks when you don’t have a stoe even remotely close by like me. I get burned the same way when Frys has there in store only stuff. A good deal though for
locals anyway.
budzos

Is it really the best writer ever? I might pick one up for 20$. I’m kind of lucky living in the Dallas area. We have compusa, frys and micro center not to mention axion tech (same company as directron so I can pickup anything they carry without having to pay shipping).

You definitely can’t go wrong for the price. If I could pick one up locally I would. The nice thing about that is if there are any issues with it you can just return it without any RMA stuff. Thats worth a couple of bucks by itself in my book.
budzos

[QUOTE=ripit;2203547]Is it really the best writer ever?[/QUOTE]

Not even remotely close. It’s decent…if it works. Poor quality control on the 112D/212D models. Personally, I would try to find a 115D/215D instead.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t really need another drive. It would have just been another toy to play with (and maybe replace an older drive if it turned out to be good). I still have an lg gh22ns30 from Christmas shitting on the shelf unused as I haven’t gotten around to playing with it yet.