Pioneer BDR-PR1M\PR1ML\PR1MA\PR1MLA\BDR-PR1MC

vbimport

Does anyone have or have access to these models with the possibility of testing Pioneer CD, DVD, BluRay?
The drive is based on the structure of BDR-206.Interesting or just the firmware is different and the price?
It is possible that the latest version of MC is based on a newer model.
Drive tests BluRay discs in the case of errors RSER , Burst Error or how professional analyzers BluRay.
Tests in the “Pioneer Utility Error Rate” is probably only in models Inspection Device PR1ML\MC
http://pioneer.jp/biz/bizdrive/product01.php

Haven’t seen this model before.

Very interesting. This could be the first publicly released, true Renesas-based drive which can scan. :eek::clap:

Model Pioneer BDR-PR1MC allows full testing BD-R XL 100 \ 128GB … and that’s a step forward :slight_smile:
I do not have any Pioneer BDR now at hand to see if it even sees the other drives the program for testing.

Unfortunately, according to my expectations and the logic of the Pioneer BDR other drives do not appear in the “Pioneer Utility Error Rate” …
But even in their free time to look out of the program and firmware from Pioneer BDR-PR1.
Maybe I’ll find some clues there because I did not want to believe that Pionner technically produced several dozen other drives … but at this price this drive, everything is possible …

It seems this drive was announced almost 3 years ago, marketing it as an ‘archival’ drive. Surprised nobody round here noticed (or maybe they just didn’t mention it).

The latter source (which has a link to the original Pioneer press release, in Japanese) mentions:

The BDR-PR1 includes several professional-grade features not found in other optical disc drives. These include:

[ul]
[li]Higher quality optical pickups than those found in consumer-grade drives[/li]> [li]4X CLV speed limit when recording to BD-R discs[/li]> [li]The drive is compatible with new Archival Blu-ray discs from Mitsubishi Chemical, also just announced[/li]> [li]The drive is three times better sealed against environmental dust and debris than a traditional drive[/li]> [/ul]

Type BD-PR1 exactly …
In contrast, the BDR-PR1MC model is new as well as Pioneer Utility version 2.2.0.0 Error Rate and firmware 1.30.
I’m looking for this model for a long time but find it throws down the price …

Reminds me of the TEAC DV-W5000E/S. That appeared to be a rebadged Pioneer DVR-x16 or x17 drive, but with various claims of superior hardware and scanning software from the manufacturer.

I wonder if anyone has ever dissected these drives to check if the promised hardware improvements actually exist? Or are they just marketing claims?

[Remember Plextor’s claims for their black drive trays? :disagree:]

It seems to me, knowing very advanced and complicated own Pioneer OPU in the models that only changes in the software out of the game in the TEAC DW-V5000 …

Designations drives (ID) unique to date.
Other sizes firmware files as in the BDR-209 \ S09 …

Firmware BDR-PR1MC and BDR-209EBK very different …

Thank you for going to the trouble of taking those photos. :flower:

You should start a thread for the Teac, when you have time. I would love to see how it performs, both as a writer and scanner.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2745148]Thank you for going to the trouble of taking those photos. :flower:

You should start a thread for the Teac, when you have time. I would love to see how it performs, both as a writer and scanner.[/QUOTE]

@Ibex

Photo with no problems.
I am forever demolished Teac V-5000 DW because I bought damaged.
I’m trying to restore them to life (Refurbished)
But it is very difficult due to the extremely complicated Pioneer OPU.
By the end still far …

Teac V-DW5000 E (Refurbished~25%)
TDK Music CD-R AUDIO Ritek MID:97m15s17f Made in China
Nero 2015 x 16
:sad:

Why is the drive called “BD-RW” and not “BD-RE”??

^ To confuse us? Or just to try and convince people this drive is different? :confused:

@czary2mary1
Good luck fixing the Teac. I’ve been trying to resurrect a defective zero-mileage PX-716A. Transplanting the motherboard from another worn out PX-716A has got the drive working, but I can’t decide if the remaining writing problems are due to incorrect calibration data or Plextors not working properly with USB bridges.

Shame there is no tool to copy the EEPROM on Plextor drives. (At least I don’t know of one.)

[QUOTE=Ibex;2746454]^ To confuse us? Or just to try and convince people this drive is different? :confused:

@czary2mary1
Good luck fixing the Teac. I’ve been trying to resurrect a defective zero-mileage PX-716A. Transplanting the motherboard from another worn out PX-716A has got the drive working, but I can’t decide if the remaining writing problems are due to incorrect calibration data or Plextors not working properly with USB bridges.

Shame there is no tool to copy the EEPROM on Plextor drives. (At least I don’t know of one.)[/QUOTE]

@Ibex

Very sorry for the late reply \ I am away from home and the network.
PX-716A with me working on all adapters \ USB pockets correctly.
Very Safe and gentle is OPU \ sensitive and vulnerable to damage.
It is a model Plextor SRU 3541 is probably a modernized Sanyo SF-DB11.
In all cases in which the exchanged OPU PX-716A in \ SA \ UF did not need any calibration …

Thank you. :flower:

[Off topic]
With both of my PX-716A have problems in every USB enclosure I own - 2x unbranded ALi-based, Freecom, LG & Lite-On. The only ones I haven’t tried are my PX-755UF & DRX-810UL (too valuable to open up).

They can write CD-R, but the beginning always fails verification. :confused: And with DVD±R it always fails to complete the lead-out. (No problems when drives connected to IDE controller.)
[/Off topic]

[QUOTE=Ibex;2747185]Thank you. :flower:

[Off topic]
With both of my PX-716A have problems in every USB enclosure I own - 2x unbranded ALi-based, Freecom, LG & Lite-On. The only ones I haven’t tried are my PX-755UF & DRX-810UL (too valuable to open up).

They can write CD-R, but the beginning always fails verification. :confused: And with DVD±R it always fails to complete the lead-out. (No problems when drives connected to IDE controller.)
[/Off topic][/QUOTE]

[Off]
If you do not work only in your pocket USB is problme is rather the only inconsistency in cooperation with the PX-716 …
(Off)

Off Topic: Could someone provide a link for getting the PUH?

[QUOTE=Ibex;2747185]
[/Off topic][/QUOTE]

Remember that with other drives…reason was that the readspeed went up too high so they verification always failed right at the beginning. I think there is some setting in the registry…

During my research on the BDR-PR1MC, I found this thread. (great site by the way)
It seems that the PR1MC drive is based on the same hardware version als Pioneer’s BDR-207 (SAT8000). And the firmware file of the BDR-207 has almost the same size as the one from the PR1MC.
@czary2mary1: Do you stil have the firmware 1.30 of the BDR-PR1M writers? (unfortunately, if you want to download the current firmware files from Pioneer Japan, you need a serialnumber from a real drive…)
Maybe it’s worth to try to flash a BDR-207 drive with the BDR-PR1MC firmware…