Pioneer BDR-209DBK vs BDR-209EBK?

vbimport

Hi, Ist post, does anyone know the main differences betweem the Pioneer BDR-209-EBK and the DBK, do they both support the new M-disc. Will hold on buying until I can get some kind of defintive aanswers. Dave I have already put in a pre-order via Aria for the 209-EBK so I would appreciate some comments

The M-Disc website has a list of compatible devices: http://www.mdisc.com/m-ready/ … So BD media is a yes, DVD media is a no with recent Pioneer drives. The EBK is not exclusively listed, but if the DBK supports it, and the XJ supports it, the series in general should support it.

DBK versus EBK: The only real difference is the DBK doesn’t support writing to BDXL (3 layer and 4 layer BD media), EBK does support BDXL media. (Note: only 3-layer BDXL media is really available, but is rare). Both drives support all the same other types of media and share the same features otherwise. :slight_smile:

[btw, as your other post was very similar to this one, I’ve deleted that one. It’s considered crossposting and is fairly confusing to see the same post in multiple places. ;)]

Thanks for your reply, was my first post, realised that I had duplicated and posted in the wrong place. Which of the two blu ray rewriter would you suggest that i get. I have 2 Panasonic DVD recorders DMR-EX85 and BTW-740. The latter plays and burns blu ray. In my computers I have a multi-drive and a seperate blu ray multi-drive. It doesn`t burn blu ray. I am beggining to convert downloaded music videos to blu ray but would like to burn blu ray direct from my computer. Thanks Dave

Whichever is cheaper, actually. No need to pay for a feature you won’t use.

That said, if they are just about the same price, go for the EBK; it’s not guaranteed to be any better than the DBK, but if you ever had a random desire to burn a 3-layer BD-R/BD-RE, you’d have the option.

Hi, Bought the 209EBK but now find that the BD-RE disc I burn are bot recognised by my Panasonic blu-ray DVD recorder. Any comments

What brand of BD-RE? What software did you use to burn it? Which Panasonic BD recorder? Was it a movie or…?

[QUOTE=david peverley;2738851]Hi, Bought the 209EBK but now find that the BD-RE disc I burn are bot recognised by my Panasonic blu-ray DVD recorder. Any comments[/QUOTE]
Why use bd-re and not regular bd-25gb or 50gb . Use verbatim or panasonic blu-ray media. There is no such thing as a panasonic blu-ray DVD. A blu-ray recorder costs about $3,000.00 or more if there is such a blu-ray recorder. What media are you using???

=Albert;2738567]Whichever is cheaper, actually. No need to pay for a feature you won’t use.

That said, if they are just about the same price, go for the EBK; it’s not guaranteed to be any better than the DBK, but if you ever had a random desire to burn a 3-layer BD-R/BD-RE, you’d have the option.[/QUOTE]

Albert;2738860]What brand of BD-RE? What software did you use to burn it? Which Panasonic BD recorder? Was it a movie or.

hi, Albert, I normally download from u-tube,etc,then use conversion software eg.AVS4U which allows me to convert to DVD format which I then burn to DVD-Rw media disc which I then instal into my Panasonic DVD recorders hard drives I can then make copies for my daughters, which after this conversion I can then re-use the dvd disc. However I find that if I use the software to convert to Blu ray,then burn to blu ray ,my blu ray dvd recorder does not recognise these type of discs and I am unable to play them

Smart Network 3D Blu-ray Discâ„¢/ DVD Recorder with Twin HD Tuner DMR-BWT740
You have a dvd recorder with a blu-ray player and can"t record blu-ray disks. Repeat you have a blu-ray player not a blu-ray recorder.

[QUOTE=scotton;2739115]Smart Network 3D Blu-ray Discâ„¢/ DVD Recorder with Twin HD Tuner DMR-BWT740
You have a dvd recorder with a blu-ray player and can"t record blu-ray disks. Repeat you have a blu-ray player not a blu-ray recorder.[/QUOTE]
I might be wrong depending on what is the model number of your recorder???
Also what media are you using???

[QUOTE=scotton;2738862]Why use bd-re and not regular bd-25gb or 50gb . Use verbatim or panasonic blu-ray media. There is no such thing as a panasonic blu-ray DVD. A blu-ray recorder costs about $3,000.00 or more if there is such a blu-ray recorder. What media are you using???[/QUOTE]
Hi, Scotton, I originally used software programs to download then convert to dvd format,then another software program to convert and burn to dvd-rw disc. These discs were recognised by my Panasonic BWT 720 EB recorder which was able to copy these dvds to its hard drive, from there I could burn subsequently to either DVD, DVD-RW or DVD-RAM discs. Now that I have bought this blu-ray burner I have tried to do the same thing but under a different format ie blu ray. The software has converted successfully, been burnt to TDK BD-RE discs but I seem unable to copy this format to the Panasonics hard drive, not being recognised, I do not know whether or not this type of disc needs to be finalized,this not needed for the dvd-rw disc and there doesnt seem any method of completing this. Could this be that Panasonic have blocked this as part of copyright? If you know of any way of completing this I pleased to attempt to try. Thanks Dave . Sorry I could be wrong, i`m not at home so it could be the BWT-720-EB

[QUOTE=Albert;2738860]What brand of BD-RE? What software did you use to burn it? Which Panasonic BD recorder? Was it a movie or…?[/QUOTE]
Hi, Albert, The discs I used were the TDK-BD-RE Rewritable 2x135MIN 25GB, Thse were burnt using a Pioneer BDXL recorder drive in my computer,via AVS4U converting software from MyTube6 which downloads video from on-line sites,I was downloading several music videos. Could this be brought about by something Panasonic has installed to prevent HG copying? To be confusing I replied to another reply as well

Forgot to mention : it`s the Panansonic BWT720EB recorder IO iused

Hi, Albert, Did you read my reply, or has anyone else any ideas, there was never any trouble with the dvd-r,dvd+rw or dvd-rw discs,. I have tried several burning software but as soon as they are put in the Panasonic recorder for “copy” process to the hard drive it doesnt want to know them

You said you have a BD-reader drive (not the Pioneer BDR-209!) in your computer. Can it read the BD-RE after you write it? And can you play the disc back on the computer like a Blu-ray movie you’d buy from the store?

Also, you mention AVS4U. When I do a Google search, I can’t find that, but I did find AVS4YOU. Is that the brand name for the product you’ve been using? If so, have you been using AVS Video Converter, AVS Disc Creator, or something different?

And what other burning software have you used?

[QUOTE=Albert;2739749]You said you have a BD-reader drive (not the Pioneer BDR-209!) in your computer. Can it read the BD-RE after you write it? And can you play the disc back on the computer like a Blu-ray movie you’d buy from the store?

Also, you mention AVS4U. When I do a Google search, I can’t find that, but I did find AVS4YOU. Is that the brand name for the product you’ve been using? If so, have you been using AVS Video Converter, AVS Disc Creator, or something different?

And what other burning software have you used?[/QUOTE]
Hi, Albert, Have been away,first I have tried the burnt blu ray discs in the other blu ray players: An LG and a Sony, both seem able to play some of the discs, I have used AVS4 You, Aura software,Ashampoo Burning Studio 14. Previously when I have used this type of software the discs created had to be finalised,then formatted before future use. I dont seem to be able to find any way of doing this with bluray? do you need to have to finalise? My Panasonic, non computer, blu ray recorder also plays some discs but refuses to copy them in high-definition format. Now Im realising the implications, discovering all the other video formats being used and not being conversant with them all, something which you aquire after probably years of use. Is there any software you can suggest which may help me understand. Thanks Dave

[QUOTE=Albert;2738521] (Note: only 3-layer BDXL media is really available, but is rare).[/QUOTE]

BDXL QL is also available since a while…