Pioneer BDR-206MBK

vbimport

Verbatim 6x BD-R DL
VERBATIMf (000) @6x

HP 4x BD-R
CMCMAGBA3 (000) @4x

Do we have any info about the chipset? Also, scans look very good.

The BDR-206MBK uses RENESAS R8J32730FP44 chipset.

Thank you 2601.

TDK 4x BD-R
TDKBLDRBB (000) @4x

Verbatim 4x BD-R
VERBATIMc (000) @4x

A burn from a beta sample BDXL media from TDK.
Burned on the Pioneer BDR-206MBK

[QUOTE=Dee;2579358]A burn from a beta sample BDXL media from TDK.
Burned on the Pioneer BDR-206MBK[/QUOTE]

Wow!

So what’s the feeling burning that much data on one disc?

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=zivija;2579371]Wow!

So what’s the feeling burning that much data on one disc?

:)[/QUOTE]

I vote for insecure, especially if it’s a backup.

[QUOTE=Dee;2579358]A burn from a beta sample BDXL media from TDK.
Burned on the Pioneer BDR-206MBK[/QUOTE]

:eek: :eek: :eek:
What’s the MID code of that medium? TDK RNC?
Could you post a quality scan?

The data written to the disc was already backed up, and I wouldn’t trust any optical media for long term data backup, let alone 100GB of it. :slight_smile:
Neither CD-Speed nor ODC can read the disc properly, and I don’t have a BD drive that can do a DQ scan.
No MID, but here’s a screenshot. of the MID and i’m trying a TRT.

Dee can you check with imgburn?
ODC has i mind of it’s own, you can see here.

Yeah, that would be very nice! :flower:

Verbatim +R 16x
CMC MAG M01 @16x

FW: 1.03
TDK 6x BD-R
TDKBLDRBD (000) @6x

Verbatim 6x BD-R
CMCMAGBA5 (000) @6x

[B]KODAK 4x BD-R[/B], Printable, 10pk Spindle, Made in India

[B]MID:[/B] PHILIPR04 (000)

[B]Writer:[/B] BDR-206MBK, FW: 1.03, burned at [B]@4x[/B] (max speed on this media is 4x)

It was nice to see ImgBurn worked ok burning that BD-R TL disc - especially since it hasn’t been tested with them!

I’ve just bought one of these drive so that I can test things properly… I just wish it wasn’t so hard to find the media (in the UK at least) !

As much as I’d like to examine the drive’s response to different commands when BDXL media is present, I’m not going to pay ebay prices of ~£150 for a single BD-RE TL (100GB) disc!

Of course it was just my luck that the ‘Free BD-R TL with this drive’ offer ran out (or was never available in the UK?) before I got mine :frowning:

If anyone that gets ‘sample’ BDXL media happens to have a ‘test’ disc spare (burnt but with no useful/personal data on it), even that would be a big help to me :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2588945]It was nice to see ImgBurn worked ok burning that BD-R TL disc - especially since it hasn’t been tested with them!

I’ve just bought one of these drive so that I can test things properly… I just wish it wasn’t so hard to find the media (in the UK at least) !

As much as I’d like to examine the drive’s response to different commands when BDXL media is present, I’m not going to pay ebay prices of ~£150 for a single BD-RE TL (100GB) disc!

Of course it was just my luck that the ‘Free BD-R TL with this drive’ offer ran out (or was never available in the UK?) before I got mine :frowning:

If anyone that gets ‘sample’ BDXL media happens to have a ‘test’ disc spare (burnt but with no useful/personal data on it), even that would be a big help to me :)[/QUOTE]
Have you tried to contact TDK Japan (info*@*tdk.co.jp)? Maybe they could send you a sample.