Pioneer BDR-205BKS OEM at Newegg $219.99 w/ powerdvd8 & 1 Verb BD 4x disc

vbimport

Best price I’ve seen for the Pioneer BDR-205BKS OEM at Newegg $219.99 w/ powerdvd8 & 1 Verb BD 4x disc. Just ordered one, the BDR-203 had been out of stock for a month. Glad I didn’t cave and buy one on ebay.

Moderator: That’s supposed to be 205BK[B][I]S[/I][/B] in the title. Can you fix it?

Thanks for the update ricoman, changed to S for you.

[QUOTE=ricoman;2461398]Best price I’ve seen for the Pioneer BDR-205BKS OEM at Newegg $219.99 w/ powerdvd8 & 1 Verb BD 4x disc. Just ordered one, the BDR-203 had been out of stock for a month. Glad I didn’t cave and buy one on ebay.[/QUOTE]

This drive is excellent as a burner, see is thread for disc quality scans etc.,: http://club.myce.com/f142/pioneer-bdr-205bk-303237/

The link to Newegg is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129051

Good find Ricoman;)

Hey Ya all
Are you able to backup your Blu ray disks with this?
I may have to start, some kids ruined Snow White Blu:a

[QUOTE=zaq;2462733]Hey Ya all
I may have to start, some kids ruined Snow White Blu:a[/QUOTE]
Absolutely, if you have the software.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/BD_Rebuilder

[QUOTE=zaq;2462733]Hey Ya all
I may have to start, some kids ruined Snow White Blu:a[/QUOTE]
this is an excellent drive bd rebuilder is for shrinking blurays not for decrypting them.:iagree:

I ordered the above drive from NE
and I am sure the price will fall and new drives will be faster and better, but what the heck.
It is actually much cheaper and faster than my first DVD burner (ouch!!!)

[QUOTE=SLOVEHEART;2462780]this is an excellent drive bd rebuilder is for shrinking blurays not for decrypting them.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I should have said you would need AnyDVDHD too to rip the protection.:iagree:
I received mine the other day and installed it. Now I have to wait for a good enough bluray movie to try it on.

Shop4Tech has this listed at $249.99 http://www.shop4tech.com/item8671.html apply the 17% off coupon ES17 found in this forum and your total comes to $207.49 + free shipping. Then use that 13$ saved over the newegg price to go toward some of shop4tech’s cheap blu-ray media which also gets the 17% off treatment.

I got the burner, a 25 pack of inkjet printable 4x blu-ray, and 1 2x bd-re for 279.07.

[QUOTE=RiPPn;2463261]Shop4Tech has this listed at $249.99 http://www.shop4tech.com/item8671.html apply the 17% off coupon ES17 found in this forum and your total comes to $207.49 + free shipping. Then use that 13$ saved over the newegg price to go toward some of shop4tech’s cheap blu-ray media which also gets the 17% off treatment.

I got the burner, a 25 pack of inkjet printable 4x blu-ray, and 1 2x bd-re for 279.07.[/QUOTE]
17% off is nice - but cheap bluray media is not a good idea (IMO) it isn’t worth the headaches to get crappy media - I’ve seen too many folks who regreated it…:flower:

Well the information I could find on blaze media on this site was limited, but people did say it was working 100% and the inkjet side printed very nice, we will see I guess. I may have to post my findings to help others out, especially if the media is problematic.

[QUOTE=RiPPn;2463322]Well the information I could find on blaze media on this site was limited, but people did say it was working 100% and the inkjet side printed very nice, we will see I guess. I may have to post my findings to help others out, especially if the media is problematic.[/QUOTE]

All I can say is good luck - just a little while ago I read here about some fellow who had soemMemorex 4x 25 GB (Ritek BR2 000) media - after one year - he put his movie(s) in and viola - nothing was on the discs - the dyes had detieriorated, I had three spindle of this stuff - I sold them on EBay - didn’t want to take the risk. Usually I get Japanese made media (Sony, Pansonic, Verbatim, Mitsubishi(Verbatims), and maybe TDK - although there can be problems w/TDK). See my post here in Bargain Basement for a great distributor who will give better prices than on his EBay store - if you contact him by email - I have used him many times
Link:
http://club.myce.com/f58/great-source-low-cost-bd-media-japan-read-304157/:flower:

I agree Japanese manufactured media is better, in fact I only buy Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+Rs because of the numerous problems I’ve had with Taiwanese manufactured media. But the last Taiwanese media I tried was years ago and a lot of people stand by the quality of some Taiwanese manufactured DVD±Rs these days such as those by Verbatim. I didn’t mind paying a premium on Taiyo Yudens because it was only a few cents per disk. However on your friends site the cheapest per disk cost is just below 4$, that’s pretty heavy when you can get Taiwanese for half that, and aside from a couple horror stories it seems Blu-ray media may have a higher quality control than dvd media. But time and experience will tell. Like I said I’ll post my experience with the Blaze media when I get it.

[QUOTE=RiPPn;2463392]I agree Japanese manufactured media is better, in fact I only buy Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+Rs because of the numerous problems I’ve had with Taiwanese manufactured media. But the last Taiwanese media I tried was years ago and a lot of people stand by the quality of some Taiwanese manufactured DVD±Rs these days such as those by Verbatim. I didn’t mind paying a premium on Taiyo Yudens because it was only a few cents per disk. However on your friends site the cheapest per disk cost is just below 4$, that’s pretty heavy when you can get Taiwanese for half that, and aside from a couple horror stories it seems Blu-ray media may have a higher quality control than dvd media. But time and experience will tell. Like I said I’ll post my experience with the Blaze media when I get it.[/QUOTE]
Do a dvdinfo or ID w/Discspeed. I would really like to know who the manufacturer is and the media code. Thanks.

I’ll post as soon as I get them, though shop4tech doesn’t seem to be as fast as newegg at getting an order shipped, ordered last night and order is still open, I’ve never bought from shop4tech before so I don’t know what to expect.

So I got my order today from shop4tech, first thing, they screwed my order, I was supposed to get a 25 pack of inkjet printable bd-r 25s instead I got the silver lacquer 25 pack. Their service department is expediting me the correct product but did not compensate me at all for my trouble. And I do have to mail these silvers back within 10 days or be charged, so I can’t test on them.

Anyway those who were asking the silvers disk id is:

PHILIP-R04-00

Keep in mind they sent me the wrong product and it has no markings on it so I have no idea if these are the blaze or some other brand.

I did get the correct blaze BD-RE disk though and it’s disk id is:

RITEK-BW1-01

I’ll post the disk id for the blaze inkjet printables when I get them.

It’s down to $209.99 now.

Let me know when it gets to 29.99 and with free shipping.

[QUOTE=samlar;2464443]Let me know when it gets to 29.99 and with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

:clap: