Pioneer bdr-205 issue with bd-r burning

vbimport

Hi,

I recently purchased a pioneer blu-ray re-writer (bdr-205). I’ve burned several BD-RE disks (Panasonic/Sony/TDK 25GB/50GB) without a single problem. Last night I tried to burn a Panasonic BD-R disc for the first time and it failed during the burn process, I thought it was a one off so I threw away the disk and tried another BD-R, which also failed. Same thing happened with a third. I’m a bit confused as to how it can perform flawlessly on BD-RE, but fail to burn 3 BD-R discs from 2 different manufacturers. The message I got from the burning software was a generic “unable to write to disc”. The firmware version wasn’t up-to-date so I updated it earlier today – but I can’t test it at the moment because I don’t have any BD-R discs left:a I’m running windows 7 64-bit.

Any advice appreciated.

If you want reliable advice, provide a full burn log first.

Kal-el9: I can’t help you with your problem because like Chef mentioned there isn’t enough info in your post.

However I just bought 2 Pioneer 205 burners for my 2 Wind 7 64bit PC’s and like you been using TDK BDRE (2x) 25gb/50gb. Theses rewritables are good but slow (2x).

I also been using Verbatim BD-R 25gb and BD-R 50gb both 6x media fast and extremely good results (movie backups).

At Amazon Verbatim 10pack BD-E 6x $29.80 and Verbatim BD-E 3 pack 50gb 6x approx $39.00.

Bottom line is that your problem may be in the media your using.

sorry about the delayed reply, but I’ve been busy. I couldn’t provide a burn log because the tool I used to burn the image didn’t create one (Daemon tools). However, earlier today I got some more BD-R discs and this time used imgburn. I used a TDK BD-R 50GB, a Verbatim BD-R 50GB and a verbatim BD-R25 GB. It failed to write to all but the verbatim 50GB! It’s not like I’ve been using cheap BD-R media either, so I don’t understand why it failed on so many combinations of discs. I’ve attached the burn log from one of the failures.

ImgBurn.txt (9.18 KB)

You could always try a speed other than ‘MAX’, you have a few options there.

I 18:09:55 Destination Media Type: BD-R (Disc ID: TDKBLD-RFB-00) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

LIGHTNING UK - I was just reading your thread with someone who’s having the same problem as me, on the imgburn forum. Again I’ve run out of BD-R media (this is proving an expensive excercise)! As per your suggestion, I’ll try setting the MAX speed to whatever the disc supports and see how that goes.
Great programby the way (imgburn)

I set the max write speed to 2X and it worked! It never occurred to me to try that – I’ve previously always used re-writable blu ray discs with Nero V10 and never changed the write speed, never had a problem. I think the media may also have played a part, as alexia pointed out.

Thanks for your help.

[QUOTE=kal-el9;2545435]sorry about the delayed reply, but I’ve been busy. I couldn’t provide a burn log because the tool I used to burn the image didn’t create one ([B]Daemon tools[/B]). However, earlier today I got some more BD-R discs and this time used imgburn. I used a TDK BD-R 50GB, a Verbatim BD-R 50GB and a verbatim BD-R25 GB. It failed to write to all but the verbatim 50GB! It’s not like I’ve been using cheap BD-R media either, so I don’t understand why it failed on so many combinations of discs. I’ve attached the burn log from one of the failures.[/QUOTE]

there is part of your issue.

uninstall Daemon Tools and and damn SPTD.

SPTD almost killed my LG. SPTD causes data bottlenecks.

When I set 6x burn speed in LG, LG got up to about 3.4x and started choking, burn speed was erratic, and often failed.

when I uninstalled Daemon Tools and that SPTD junk, my LG started to burn at 6x with no issues.

If your not a pirate, there is no need to have Daemon Tools on your PC, use a normal virtual drive software that doesn’t screw with your IDE/SATA controllers.

using free Slysoft Virtual Drive now, and never looked back.

Good advice!

In addition, isnt there a newer firmware for your burner?!?

“I 18:09:55 Destination Device: [0:2:0] PIONEER BD-RW [B]BDR-205 1.09[/B] (E:)”

I uninstalled Daemon tools and whenever I use imageburn, I always set the burn speed to whatever is supported by the disk - rather than leaving it at max, as I was doing before. Haven’t had any problems. Thanks for all your advice. BTW when the problem occurred, I updated the firmware to the latest version and it made no difference.