Pioneer BDR 205 BK

vbimport

I’ve got today the new drive Pioneer BDR 205 and its really cool… :smiley:

But i got Nero 8 and it can burn BLUERAY only at speed 1x (Sony BD-R 6x). Not possible to set 2x-12x speed.

Burning old BD-RE from LG or TDK runs with 2x speed without any problems.

Now i have installed NERO 9, but its a mess on hard drive now it works with 12x speed.

Is there any software which can support 12x speed on blueray, maybe a freeware?

Second question is, is a 12x Blueray burn really secure?

The test of the disc was ok, but in the middle of disc there was a speed slow down. Nero told me anyway the backup is ok.

Do you have any blu ray media that is rated at 12x?

Most of us around here use ImgBurn for burning Blu ray disks. It is free to use. www.imgburn.com

No, but i read the review from megadeth. He used a Sony 6x (12x tested speed) Blueray Disc, so i bought the same and burned without problems. But qualtiy scan is not possible so i dont know how to test it.

You can run a Transfer Rate Test (TRT) on the burned disc using the Pioneer BDR-205. Post the result here if you want.

@MegaDETH

The TRT is so smooth like in your burner BDR205 review SONY 6X BD-R, so i think thats ok. :slight_smile:

@all

Does anybody have the same issue with NERO 8, no burning 2x-12x with SONY BD-R 6x?

And by the way i ddint try imgburn yet, but i looks for me strange because i can select 1x-52x speed for Blueray BD-R

You can select the speed you want in ImgBurn, but the firmware of the drive will limit it to only a few possibilities. Once you start the burn, you will get a warning message in ImgBurn that says something to the effect of a selected speed mismatch to the actual speed that is being used.

Imgburn is quite versatile, and will warn you of mismatches in file formats also and ask if you want them changed to the proper setting for the type of information you are burning.

I have had problems with Nero 8 on my LG BH08 would only burn at 2x.

I have searched all over and never figured it out, switched to Nero 9 and I can burn full speed.

Is this problem spesific to Nero 8 and Pioneer BDR-205 and LG BH08?

My Nero 8 can burn fine on my GGW-H20L which is up to 6x.

But honestly, I don’t use Nero much anymore, like others said, Imgburn is all you need.

@Kerry56
Thanks for the info, i will give imgburn a try next time i will burn blueray. :o)

@zevia
In my old GGW-H20L i had also no problems in speed, but i sold this one. The reason was not readable RW media written by other drives.
Pioneer continues the session, even if the burn was made by a different drive.

@megadeth
Is there a posibility to buy only the NERO BURNING ROM 9 somewhere?

i really dont need the other crap included its a mess! :frowning:

Not that I know of but you may be able to upgrade at
a pretty cheap price and just install what you want.

[QUOTE=flat_line;2491303]@Kerry56
Thanks for the info, i will give imgburn a try next time i will burn blueray. :o)

@zevia
In my old GGW-H20L i had also no problems in speed, but i sold this one. The reason was not readable RW media written by other drives.
Pioneer continues the session, even if the burn was made by a different drive.

@megadeth
Is there a posibility to buy only the NERO BURNING ROM 9 somewhere?

i really dont need the other crap included its a mess! :([/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=flat_line;2491057]Is there any software which can support 12x speed on blueray, maybe a freeware?

Second question is, is a 12x Blueray burn really secure?

The test of the disc was ok, but in the middle of disc there was a speed slow down. Nero told me anyway the backup is ok.[/QUOTE]

You can overspeed with imgburn, but you’ll probably want to stick with the rated speed of the media. Check out the differences in scans in this thread:

It looks like there is a problem burning higher than 10x speed… :rolleyes:

It would be nice to see a sony BD-R at 12x times.

12x or even 10x is futile without superHQ media.

12x Burn HERE

[QUOTE=flat_line;2491526]It looks like there is a problem burning higher than 10x speed… :rolleyes:

It would be nice to see a sony BD-R at 12x times.[/QUOTE]

Yes i read your review and its cool! :iagree:

But i mean a quality scan for Sony BD-R 12x burned…