Pioneer BD 8x BDR-203 reader/writer only 2x read speed problem

Rec’d my new bluray burner about 2 weeks ago, first thing I tried to do was copy a couple of bluray discs (Rambo & 300). It takes over an hour to just read these discs, there both DL and by all of the specs I’ve been reading on this GREAT site, I should be able to copy them at 8x but can’t get over 2x. Nero disc speed confirms this as well.

Software installed, Nero 8, anydvd, and cyberlinks HD solution package that came with my Pioneer burner.

Any suggestions?

Ooops, got my specs mixed up, should be copying bd-rom DL at 6x

[QUOTE=thenarc;2291081]Rec’d my new bluray burner about 2 weeks ago, first thing I tried to do was copy a couple of bluray discs (Rambo & 300). It takes over an hour to just read these discs, there both DL and by all of the specs I’ve been reading on this GREAT site, [B][B]I should be able to copy them at 8x but can’t get over 2x[/B][/B]. Nero disc speed confirms this as well.

Software installed, Nero 8, anydvd, and cyberlinks HD solution package that came with my Pioneer burner.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Nope, only the used media counts in this case.
Check the media & hi-def section for good BD media suggestions.

Have it all sorted out, I can now read at spec speeds for the drive. Great piece of hardware.