Pioneer ao6 DVD-R +r drive any good?

Pioneer ao6 DVD-R +r drive any good???i am looking for a good dvd burner or should i wait for a 8 speed burners ?
thanks for your help

alpal

I think the Pioneer is a pretty good drive. As this drive has become quite popular in a short time, you will finds lots of useful info by using the forum’s search…

If you want a 8x drive, you don’t have to wait anymore, as Plextors 708A already entered the market. It’s the first one and comes for good money (about €250). I don’t know how it performs, but as it’s a Plextor (true Plextor, not rebadged) I expect it to be a really good device…

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]I think the Pioneer is a pretty good drive. As this drive has become quite popular in a short time, you will finds lots of useful info by using the forum’s search…

If you want a 8x drive, you don’t have to wait anymore, as Plextors 708A already entered the market. It’s the first one and comes for good money (about €250). I don’t know how it performs, but as it’s a Plextor (true Plextor, not rebadged) I expect it to be a really good device… [/B]

thanks for your help

alpal

If you want a 8x drive, you don’t have to wait anymore, as Plextors 708A already entered the market

Now if 8x media was that easy to obtain…

Originally posted by Ruffrob
Now if 8x media was that easy to obtain…

The drive seems to be able to write at 8x at certain 4x certified media, without any problems.

Didn’t test it myself, but it may be worth to read the CD Freaks review on this drive…!

You know Dee,when a reviewer does a new product,and he or she says things like ‘certain media’,I wish they could be more to the point so that fools like me can
know what to get,or what to stay away from…:confused:

I really like the Plextor drive,I have a 24x Plex in my box right now,but I keep hearing some less that stellar reviews about people having problems,but,in fairness,my Sony drive took a while to get
right. But what is that 4x’certain media’ that can be writtten at 8x on the Plextor,do you know???