Pioneer A07 vs 107

vbimport

Hi,
I’m new here an need some help with the basics.
what is the difference between the Pioneer A07 and the 107 DVD drive? I noticed a serious price difference but not really any other differences?
and could somebody help me on this: what is the difference between a bulk and a retail drive?
Thank you. :slight_smile:

Retail box and softwares bundle. Get the 107D.

Bag

No - the A07 has a totally different chassis consisting of a honeycomb-patterned cover for reduced vibrations and a different front bezel. Also the firmware allows for a “quiet mode”.

Originally posted by terminalvelocd
No - the A07 has a totally different chassis consisting of a honeycomb-patterned cover for reduced vibrations and a different front bezel. Also the firmware allows for a “quiet mode”.

WRONG!!

only the A07XLA has the quiet feature , also the firmware is the same as the normal drives
the a07 = 107 , just sold differently

Guys, can you confirm somethng for me?

I have the same doubt… which one to buy…

The differences for me…

DVR-107 will cost US$ 121.55
DVR-A07XLA will cost US$ 168.00

Well, maybe a little “bitter” :slight_smile: But… I’m from Brazil… And that’s the lowest price I’ve found for this drivers…

So, what do you guys think? Which one is the best for me?

And another thing… THAT’s what I’m really worried…

These recorders can burn ANY KIND OF MEDIA? I mean… I’ve heard that Pioneer’s burners can ONLY burn in “expensives” medias… I mean… like Philips, Samsung, Pioneer, and others… you can’t burn the DVD’s into “cheapest” medias…

So, that’s another question… is that true? And if it is… what can I do? Change firmware? Bios? What am I supposed to do do burn DVD’s into cheapest medias… (not supportable)…

Help this poor guy :bigsmile: to buy a DVD burner … please… :stuck_out_tongue:

Get the DVR-107 all you paying the extra money for is software eg nero and a quiet drive which you ownt ever use. Pioneer Burns any media you throw at it! It will burn any cheap media trust me i have got a pioneer dv-107 its the best

Get the DVR-107 all you paying the extra money for is software eg nero and a quiet drive which you ownt ever use. Pioneer Burns any media you throw at it! It will burn any cheap media trust me i have got a pioneer dv-107 its the best

Weel, if you say so… I’ll believe… but… are you sure it can burn any kind of media?
The Philips, Sony, TDK, Maxell DVD-R’s here cost somthing like US$ 4.00 and the cheapest you can find US$ 1.50 … Do you think it will work fine? :wink:

Trust me it will, the second you get it upgrade ur firmwareto thelates 1.16 from the official pioneer site or if your like me get hacked 1.13 and burn good quality dvds riteks 4x at 8x but this does void you warranty but it works for me and so many other people perfectly fine

it does burn on cheap medias very well.
i’m using princos (about 60 cents each here in turkey) and works great with my asus 804p.
you can rely on pioneer at this point.

Trust me it will, the second you get it upgrade ur firmwareto thelates 1.16 from the official pioneer site or if your like me get hacked 1.13 and burn good quality dvds riteks 4x at 8x but this does void you warranty but it works for me and so many other people perfectly fine

Well… I trust :wink: But how can I upgrade my firmware? And these “hacked” ones???

it does burn on cheap medias very well.
i’m using princos (about 60 cents each here in turkey) and works great with my asus 804p.
you can rely on pioneer at this point.

Well… I’m from Brazil… and here it’s more expensive… EVERYTHING is… :smiley:
But I’ll trust you guys… I think I’ll buy the 10 :smiley:

@Kont_De_La_Fere
Can I flash the ASUS DRW-0804P with the Pioneer Firmware? Are they compatible? Or is there no need because the ASUS support is quick and good enough?

Luizmp If I was you i would get the DVR-107D and the instance i get it flash it to flashmens hacked firmware. Why you ask? Well you can burn good quality 4x speed Discs at 8x. Its lets play any movie from any region which you cant do on the orignal firmware and it lets you read dvds at 12x while the orignal firmware only lets you read at 2x. The support you get is excellent because every one helps you. Go for it

@ageha
i don’t exactly know but why not. but i don’t recommend. i can’t void a warranty of 2 years. i used the official one (1.15) and seems ok. reading and writing quality improved. i think you should use the official one too
@luizmp
didn’t you see where i am from?it’s Turkey. we are in economical trouble as well as your country. i think you must search for cheaper medias. they’re getting cheaper and cheaper day by day here. and my asus works well with cheap medias. if i could find a nec 2510a this price in here i wouldn’t miss it…

Nil has provided new hacked firmware for 1.16 version for both DVR-107D & DVR-107XL drives :slight_smile:

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=27115&sid=54357cf8c6d1fc80007853bee9f1c1b5

Luizmp If I was you i would get the DVR-107D and the instance i get it flash it to flashmens hacked firmware. Why you ask? Well you can burn good quality 4x speed Discs at 8x. Its lets play any movie from any region which you cant do on the orignal firmware and it lets you read dvds at 12x while the orignal firmware only lets you read at 2x. The support you get is excellent because every one helps you. Go for it

But the DVR-107 is different from the DVR-107D isn’t? And I can’t find… these two Pionner’s are my only choices for Pioneer’s DVD burners…

So, what would I do?

didn’t you see where i am from?it’s Turkey. we are in economical trouble as well as your country. i think you must search for cheaper medias. they’re getting cheaper and cheaper day by day here. and my asus works well with cheap medias. if i could find a nec 2510a this price in here i wouldn’t miss it…

Well, that’s true :wink: Our countries are fucked up :smiley:
'bout medias… "ill try to find cheapest ones… but it’s hard :frowning:
And the NEC ND2510A is something like US$ 126.30 … Are you sure it’s as good as Pioneer ???

no same just get the cheapest 107

@luizmp
everytime i see someone mentioning about nec they say it’s great. of course pioneer has proven itself but nec is very good too. and in the price list it’s about 3 dollars more expensive than 107D. you can pay 3 dollars more and you will be able to burn dl discs you don’t even have to use a hacked firmware to do that. there’s no hope for pioneer to do so. and nec is very well with cheap medias too. so pioneer is

no same just get the cheapest 107

hmm… ok :smiley:

everytime i see someone mentioning about nec they say it’s great. of course pioneer has proven itself but nec is very good too. and in the price list it’s about 3 dollars more expensive than 107D. you can pay 3 dollars more and you will be able to burn dl discs you don’t even have to use a hacked firmware to do that. there’s no hope for pioneer to do so. and nec is very well with cheap medias too. so pioneer is

Right… but what’s “dl discs” ? Didn’t get it :confused:
So, you’r saying it would be better to buy a NEC one?

dl discs mean dual layer blank dvd medias.
so the amount of data you can burn will be as twice of a normal single layer dvd writer.

dl discs mean dual layer blank dvd medias.
so the amount of data you can burn will be as twice of a normal single layer dvd writer.

Well, I just saw that …2.4X Double Layer DVD+R9… but’s that slw… isn’t it? 2.4x ??? For a Double Layer …

But… sincerely, NEC IS AS GOOD AS A PIONEER ???
Because I’m starting to think in buying this NEC… would it work with any media? Is it easy to find a hacked firmware if it doesn’t works with the cheapest medias???

Please, help this indecisive guy to buy his first DVD burner :smiley: