Pioneer A06 or A07?

Newegg has the OEM a06 (106 i beleive is its model #) for about $130. i havent looked into its release date, but the a07 is supposed to be the same as the a06, cept instead of 4x max write for dvd writing, its 8x. they’re both dual format

so i guess what im asking, does the 8x burning feature weigh out the cheaper price (i assume the a07 is gonna be a few hundred bucks)?

p.s. this would be my first dvd writer. all i have now is an (awesome) liteon 52x24x52 and an oem samsung 12x dvdrom :frowning:

so i guess what im asking, does the 8x burning feature weigh out the cheaper price (i assume the a07 is gonna be a few hundred bucks)?

wouldn’t this be something only u can answer for urself?

all depends on how the media situation is. If you can get some good 8x certified it will be worth it but the faster the speed the more complications there are.

it was more of an opinion question…and also cuz i dont know what the a07 will cost.

The A06 is a very good drive. If you are just a regular user (who doesn’t care about options to copy protected discs etc), this drive will suit you fine. As the A07 isn’t released yet, it’s kind of hard to say how it will perform. I expect, like always, that for the most common tasks, it will work just fine. Maybe it’s better at some more specific tasks (like the copy protections I just mentioned), but we don’t know that yet.

If you can wait a little longer and you’re willing to spend some more money (I expect this drive to cost about $200~$250), the 8x drive might be a nice option.

If you don’t care too much about speed (4x writing isn’t that slow, unless you plan to open your own factory;)), there’s no reason not to buy the A06…

I hope this helps a little :slight_smile:

IMHO, I’d buy the A06 or DVR-106. I’m somewhat stuck in the same situation. I’m having a hard time picking between the Sony DRU510A and the Pioneer DVR-106. :o

May I suggest the LiteON LDW-811S ? It’s cheap and can write at 8x to some DVD+R media :bigsmile: