Pioneer a06 and dvd+r problem?

vbimport

#1

I have a pioneer a06 and it seems that my drive is acting strange when burning dvd+r media.When the burning process in nero is over,the drive seems not to stop,but it continues writing the lead-out for about 20 more seconds . I have the same experience with dvd+r discs and all the other nero versions i have tried or with discjuggler.With copytodvd and burnatonce,this Lead-out behaviour is not happening,but i get unreadable discs.This is only happening with dvd+r media.Is this behaviour of my drive normal for a pioneer a06 or do i have a faulty one? thx in advance


#2

Goto the site that has the firmware upgrade,newer drives have been known to get a couple of those updates,before a new drive settles down…see the post below…Good Luck

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75592


#3

I have the 1.07 firmware installed,but the behaviour of dvd+r media is has not changed


#4

What other burning software is installed on your system?

I had similar problems, with Pinnacle Instant Copy 8 and Nero 5/6 installed (DVD-R was unwritable, DVD+R took about 6min to write the lead-out). After removing Instant Copy, all problems were gone!

nb I’m not saying that Instant Copy is the cause, but it could be that there is a conflict between certain applications…


#5

i usually have only one burning application installed,i have never installed instant copy. I burned a dvd+r with recordnow max 4.5 today and the strange <<problem>> did not happen,so it seems that there is something wrong with the other burning applications,some kind of incompatibility.I’d like to know in which nero 5.5 version the a06 was first supported,cause i’d like to give nero one more try before i switch to recordnow. thx for the feedback


#6

I have the same problem, but only affects to DVD+R, it takes a minute more to complete the lead-out when i have Nero and instantCopy 8.0 installed at the same time, but it only happens sometimes.

I had more problems with InstantCopy 8.0 installed, mi computer did’t boot correctly sometimes and other.

I have uninstalled InstantCopy because i prefer CloneDVD and all problems are gone.

Good luck


#7

Originally posted by ougxar
I have a pioneer a06 and it seems that my drive is acting strange when burning dvd+r media.When the burning process in nero is over,the drive seems not to stop,but it continues writing the lead-out for about 20 more seconds . I have the same experience with dvd+r discs and all the other nero versions i have tried or with discjuggler.With copytodvd and burnatonce,this Lead-out behaviour is not happening,but i get unreadable discs.This is only happening with dvd+r media.Is this behaviour of my drive normal for a pioneer a06 or do i have a faulty one? thx in advance

Check my post + solution about the Pioneer A06/106D:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74462&highlight=thunderace1k


#8

Be careful, there are two diferent problems mixed on this post, one problem is the extra large time the recorder takes in the lead-out that happens when a determinated combination of software in installed on the system. Solution, unisntall the soft that is causing this, for me it war InstantCopy 8.0.

And the other problem, that has been officially recognised by Elby, that happens only with CloneDVD burning some movies in +R media results in a complete coaster unreadable by any kind of reader, this problem will be fixed in the next release of CloneDVD. Solution, use other recording software to burn the image produced by CloneDVD, or simply wait for the next release.

for me is not a valid sollution to a software problem to “keep away from that drive, buy Nec 1300A or Sony DRU-510” when everybody knows that the pioneer is the most reliable drive and its burnings are the most compatible with all kinds of players, PS2, XBOX, DVD players, even using the cheapest media, Suki, princo, etc… (i’ve tried myself). this doen’t mean that there could not be faulty drives, of course.

Definitely, i love mi Pioneer DVR-106D :wink:

cheers!


#9

Originally posted by Sauron-Jin
[B]
And the other problem, that has been officially recognised by Elby, that happens only with CloneDVD burning some movies in +R media results in a complete coaster unreadable by any kind of reader, this problem will be fixed in the next release of CloneDVD. Solution, use other recording software to burn the image produced by CloneDVD, or simply wait for the next release.

for me is not a valid sollution to a software problem to “keep away from that drive, buy Nec 1300A or Sony DRU-510” when everybody knows that the pioneer is the most reliable drive and its burnings are the most compatible with all kinds of players, PS2, XBOX, DVD players, even using the cheapest media, Suki, princo, etc… (i’ve tried myself). this doen’t mean that there could not be faulty drives, of course.

Definitely, i love mi Pioneer DVR-106D :wink:

cheers! [/B]

Well I can’t agree with that Sauron-Jim, because that problem (CloneDVD and +R media) occured ONLY on the A06/106D Pioneer…


#10

i just sent an e-mail nero tech support about this problem with nero and dvd+r,let’s hope they will look into it and get it fixed.If other people with this drive want to use nero with dvd+r media,i suggest they contact nero tech support and tell them about it


#11

Originally posted by Thunderace1k
Well I can’t agree with that Sauron-Jim, because that problem (CloneDVD and +R media) occured ONLY on the A06/106D Pioneer…

Yes, it only ocurrs on the Pioneer 106D, but only ocurrs too when you use CloneDVD and the pioneer to burn, i have burned dozens of PS2 Backups on cheap DVD+R media using other various burning software and i have 0 Coasters and they are readed by the PS2 at lightning speed. DVD2One, InstantCopy and other transcoding software + 106D work perfectly on +R media too.

Check this post in the software forum (because this is a software problem at all) here Olli says it will be fixed in the next release of CloneDVD.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75642

cheers!