Pioneer A06 & A07

Pioneer plans to release the DVR-A07 featuring 8x/4x DVD-R/RW

·¢²¼ÕßΪ Stanley ÓÚ Monday, March 17 @ 00:00:00 CST (127 ÔĶÁ)
ÎÄÕÂÖ÷Ìâ: Hardware

The DVR-A06 will be more of an updated version of the DVR-A05 and it’s only the CD writing speed that’s going to be faster than its predecessor (24x vs. 16x).

But just in time for next Christmas Pioneer plans to release the DVR-A07 featuring 8x/4x DVD-R/RW burn speed. Chip.de writes that this however might be the fastest DVD burner Pioneer will make

This was taken from the www.9down.com website.

Thanks for the detailed information. :slight_smile:

This was taken from the www.9down.com website.

…and they have obviously taken the info from CDFreaks

Chip is one of the worst crap-magazines of all.

However, if Pioneer is not able to (or willing to) implement CAV writing, then 8x will be the maximum.

My writer is capable of 4x, yet I haven’t seen 4x media anywhere without having to order it in the States or smth.

Why doesn’t the media follow the hardware a bit faster?
What good is it in having an 8x burner when you can hardly find 2x or 4x media?

Good recordable media seems to be become scarce, or is just me?

It was not a problem at all to find 2x media 1 1/2 years ago, and it is no problem either to find 4x discs now.

You just live in the wrong part of earth :bigsmile:

Apparently so do I since I can’t find anything better than 2.4x media at our local best buy. 4x must be ordered via the net or mail-order. It (4x) seems rather expensive compared to 2.4x media as well and even if I could find 4x locally I wouldn’t pay the outrageous prices for it.

Yes, it is indeed required to order DVD media (with “find” i actually ment “finding a store where to order it”). However, 4x discs are not too expensive here compared to 2x or 2.4x discs ($3 for Ritek G04, compared to $2,60 for 2x Maxell discs), when comparing quality discs only; no faked TDK code stuff.

If I got it right, then MrSnake can’t find any store where he could order 4x discs in the entire country…which is somewhat different from just having to order it. :wink:

That’s funny… All i’m able to find around my part of the earth (at a reasonable price) is 1x and 4x media… no 2x dvd-r to be found!

Toronto, Canada

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]Chip is one of the worst crap-magazines of all.

However, if Pioneer is not able to (or willing to) implement CAV writing, then 8x will be the maximum. [/B]

Hey man, i think the same, there is no mag that has the power of wisdom of mine :stuck_out_tongue:

4x media in Belgium:

http://www.cdrwinkel.com/Shop/index.htm?target=/cat/DVD-R.html

Princo isn’t what I would call a superb brand, but hey, it was my first hit with google :stuck_out_tongue: So I guess there’ll be other stores/brands when you search a little longer :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Wannes
4x media in Belgium:

http://www.cdrwinkel.com/Shop/index.htm?target=/cat/DVD-R.html

Princo isn’t what I would call a superb brand, but hey, it was my first hit with google :stuck_out_tongue: So I guess there’ll be other stores/brands when you search a little longer :slight_smile:

That’s about US$3 per disk. It should be more like US$1.5.

and what would you say with this monkey

Originally posted by Allmighty
and what would you say with this monkey

Who is that monkey?