Pioneer A05 +Datatrack DVD-R

I will be receiving my :bow: Pioneer A05 DVD burner soon and i was wondering if anyone tested it with Datatrack DVD+R 4.7GB Discs yet. Are these any good for this specific burner?

ROTFLMAO!

You can’t use DVD+R in this burner…but your topic says DVD-R…well, DataTrack are not bad, compared to most “generic” media, but I still prefer Verbatim and Maxell (simply because 1x speed is boring…)

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]ROTFLMAO!

You can’t use DVD+R in this burner…[/B]

hehehe, my mistake, ok but what about the -R discs?

Originally posted by DaDj
[B]

hehehe, my mistake, ok but what about the -R discs? [/B]

Answered already. :slight_smile:

but your topic says DVD-R…well, DataTrack are not bad, compared to most “generic” media

And the A05 should be able to burn these at 4x ?

And the A05 should be able to burn these at 4x ?

I’m confused there. Are the Datatrack DVD-R rated at 4x? I can see 4x DVD-R media only from Mitsubishi/Verbatim, Pioneer, and Ritek. (Maybe Maxell, too.)

i have no idea, i checked them out at shop.cdfreaks.com but it doesent say what the supported speeds are. :frowning:

i have no idea, i checked them out at shop.cdfreaks.com but it doesent say what the supported speeds are. :frowning:

If the speeds are not mentioned, they are either 1x or 2x. I also checked CD Freaks shop a few days ago and there was no 4x DVD media available yet. I doubt whether you will find any cheap 4x DVD media until January.

So it may be safe to say all DVD-R media on the market are either 1x or 2x and most cheapest (under $1) media are still rated at 1x. For safe and reliable 2x speed, better use Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden or other 2x rated media only.

ok then. really hope these 4x discs will be more common soon :slight_smile:
thanks for the replys!