Pioneer 215D SATA Drive

vbimport

Hi guys im getting this drive today.

before i even start to use it i wish to fully update it to the best possible firmware released with RPC1

there are so meny lol

Could someone point me in the right direction with download links and what to do to flash the best firmware on to it…

and do i need to crossflash for better firmwares if so links would be great

cheers guys. :bow:

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard Plug2k7. :iagree: :clap:
You might find [B][U]this is all you need[/U][/B].

• The bitsetting applies to Sl Media as DL is already bitset. So in short currently no bitsetting with DVD+RW’s.

@ Plug2k7

A note of caution ->

Before attempting to install any Firmware on a newly purchase Drive it is prudent to thoroughly test the Drive to ensure that it is function correctly before installing any Firmware. After thoroughly checking the Drive and ensuring it is performing correctly then you can install new Firmware.

This ensures that if you encounter problems after installing the new Firmware it would be safe to assume that problems encountered would be related to the new Firmware.

If you never thoroughly check the performance of your new Drive and hastily install new Firmware before thoroughly check the performance of your new Drive and have problems with the Drive you will never really know if your problems are caused by the new Firmware or if the new Drive never worked correctly from the get go.

Also note that installing ANY of the “Modified” Firmwares (Not Official Pioneer Firmwares) will void the Warranty of your newly purchased DVR-215D DVD Burner.

Regards,
bjkg

thanks and i know the risk :wink:
i also know how to flash a drive LOL

my questions where though what is the best firmware to flash on the drive and do i need to crossflash the drive from 215D to 215 for better firmwares ?

if so what firmware and what files to crossflash…

i have found so far

1.8 firmware
and 1.24 firmware

knowing what one is the latests is a pickle lol

Hi :slight_smile:
I am a little confused here as the latest f/w for the 215(D) is 1.18.
http://www.pioneer.eu/files/support/DVR/DVR215_FW118EU.zip

@ Plug2k7

Concerning Firmware for the series DVR-215 DVD Burner -> The only available series DVR-215 DVD Burner Firmware is version 1.18. You are misinformed - there is no version 1.24 Firmware available for series DVR-215 DVD Drive. Version 1.24 Firmware is for the series DVR-112 DVD Drive. Do not attempt to flash version 1.24 Firmware to a series DVR-215 Drive because your shiny new DVR-215D will become an expensive PaperWeight.

Pioneer DVD Burner Firmwares are always posted and available in the CD Freaks Pioneer DVD Burner Read First posting titled “Post new firmware and tool ANNOUNCEMENTS here” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/post-new-firmware-tool-announcements-here-210917)

Concerning Modified series DVR-215 Firmware -> Using the Media Codes Speed Edit Tool (http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE/) you can Patch series DVR-215 Drive version 1.18 Firmware with Increase Read Speed/RPC-1 (Region Free)/Enable BitSetting patches.

Concerning series DVR-215 Cross Flashing -> Using DVDFlash v2.5 (http://dvrflash.rpc1.org) and the Kernel File Firmware available from The Firmware Page Forum (http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=43868) you can CrossFlash a DVR-215D Drive to a DVR-215 Drive which provides DVR-RAM Read/Write or a DVR-S15J Drive which provides DVR-RAM Read/Write & LabelFlash.

Remember using Modified Firmware and/or CrossFlash Firmwares is at your own risk and voids the Warranty of your DVR-215D DVD Burner and if performed incorrectly can damage the Drive beyond repair.

Regards,
bjkg

Hi bjkg!

Great description. I will recieve my 215d later today. I was looking into the crossflashing pages you linked to, but they don’t work! Could you please update?

Is there any way to enable bitsetting/autobitsetting on the dvr-215d? Maybe by crossflashing?

(I remember a couple of years ago I was able to do that with my DVR-109 by flashing to buffalo 8.57)

[QUOTE=donadoni;2046563]Hi bjkg!

Great description. I will recieve my 215d later today. I was looking into the crossflashing pages you linked to, but they don’t work! Could you please update?

[B]Is there any way to enable bitsetting/autobitsetting on the dvr-215d? Maybe by crossflashing?[/B]

(I remember a couple of years ago I was able to do that with my DVR-109 by flashing to buffalo 8.57)[/QUOTE]

BY DEFAULT ON with 1.xx firmwares for DVD+R DL.
BY DEFAULT ON for DVD+R & DVD+R DL with 8.x firmwares.

ABOUT THE DVR-215DBK SATA

1. by 1.x, you mean the original firmware on the pioneer site?

2. by 8.x you mean the buffalo firmware? Never heard of it for dvr-215, where can I find it?

3. By DEFAULT ON you mean autobittsetting OR bittsetting possible?

Autobitsetting, no one can change it.
1.xx are Pio firmwares, 8.xx mainly Buffalo.

Does DVR-A15J firmware have autobitsetting as well?