Pioneer 215D and MCSE

I am having a problem when I use MCSE on the exe and then the firmware I get errors trying to flash it to the MCSE firmware so it will bokktype SL +R to DVD-ROM. Below are the error messages I get on both windows. What am I doing wrong? I am using the modified exe and then the modified firmware made by MCSE.

@ Dr. Who,

Perhaps it would be helpful if you explained Exactly in Detail what you are attempting to do with concerning your DVR-215D.

Are you attempting a CrossFlashing task or just attempting to install the Same to Same MCSE patched Firmware.

Do you have the Kernel File, the Firmware file, and the Flasher exactable file all in the same Folder when performing the Flashing operation?

Regards,
bjkg

I am just trying to enable bitsetting on SL media +R’s of course. I modified the exe for the pioneer flasher and I modified the 1.18 firmware for it as well then I open the modified exe and try to use the modified firmware. This MCSE is kinda new to me so I feel lost. With your response I take it that not only do I need the modded firmware in that folder but I need the original too? The 2 modded files are in one folder yes.

@ Dr. Who,

If you are using the DVR-212D DVR215D_FW118EU Firmware you need to have the R215D.exe executable file, the S0814000.118 Kernel File, and the S0814001.118 Firmware file ALL (All 3 Files) in the same Folder when performing the Flashing operation.

It appears from your original posting that you failed to include the S0814000.118 Kernel File in the same Folder with the R215D.exe executable file and the S0814001.118 Firmware file. I believe that is why the “Fail To Load Kernel Binary File” warning was displayed.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;2028721]@ Dr. Who,

If you are using the DVR-212D DVR215D_FW118EU Firmware you need to have the R215D.exe executable file, the S0814000.118 Kernel File, and the S0814001.118 Firmware file ALL (All 3 Files) in the same Folder when performing the Flashing operation.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

Thanks I did that while waiting and this is the folder with the patch too. So I take it I now have bitsetting I didn’t select the new speed patch but the original. This is the 2 original firmwares the patched exe to allow reflashing and the MCSE patch as well. I selected the original firmware though as I couldn’t select the MCSE firmware patch. They are the same size too.

@ Dr. Who,

When using the Media Code Speed Edit tool to apply the “Patches” to the Firmware and/or Flasher the MCSE tool annotates the Firmware and/or Flasher with the “SpeedPached” annotation. For the Flasher to work correctly both the Firmware and/or Flasher need to be named EXACTY as the original Files. In short the “SpeedPatched” annotation needs to be removed and the file re-named exactly as the original files.

Regards,
bjkg

Will try that now. Thanks will report back good or bad.

Changing the speedpatch name did it. I did have to delete the original to make the MCSE one to the original name. So I am good now then I take it?

@ Dr. Who,

Sounds like you got it.

Regards,
bjkg

Thank you so much this was a bit different than cross flashing to a BenQ.