Pioneer 212D

Hello guys I got this Pioneer 212D that was burning perfectly fine @ 16x and all of sudden when i try to insert a dvd and press the play button boom I get

the blue screen of death with error 0X000000E6 , what is this?? did i messed up some drivers or something??

what could I do to fix it thanks guys

Your playback software or graphics drivers are hosed I would think.

Thanks for your quick reply Brad. I recently installed a new video card ( GeFORCE 8800GT ) . Just now I removed the drive from this pc and installed it on the other one and it worked perfectly… so that means one of my drivers is definitely mad right??

How could I approach to fix this problem?

Maybe the PSU used is too weak.

I dont think that could be the problem because as soon as I bought that GPU I got a new 620 watt psu (corsair one)

I only have 1 hdd (internal ) , 2 hdd (external ebooks) 1 graphics (Geforce 8800GT) , nothing else

update :

I ran Verify with all drivers selected, and sure enough I got the BSOD
at inserting new dvd , telling me that one of my drivers was making an illegal DMA.

Verify is supposed to tell you which driver, but it didn’t! I got STOP:
0x000000E6. Went to MS website and looked at the stuff on Verifier, but
no listing for this error.

First thing with the 8800 would be install the latest ForceWare drivers from Nvidia.

I did that in fact i am with the newest drivers from them ohh wells… so my last hope is definitely a fresh install (format) right?

@ rauljimenez,

Before resorting to a complete Format/Install suggest attempting a Windows Repair. In many instance a Windows Repair will correct many software/driver problems. Below is a Web Link fully explaining a Windows Repair ->

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Regards,
bjkg

You overclocking mate?

Nope not overclocking… can you explain to me a bit how a graphic card driver could be messing up a DVD-RW?? sounds weird to me hehe

i will do the xprepair

[QUOTE=rauljimenez;1974718]Nope not overclocking… can you explain to me a bit how a graphic card driver could be messing up a DVD-RW?? sounds weird to me hehe[/QUOTE]

The DVD drive is not what’s crashing, your DVD playback software is crashing.

Something that I hadn’t posted is

I have another pioneer drive on this pc that is fully working , is an IDE cable working pioneer 112L . The one that is not working is a SATA one 212D (updated to newest firmware 1.24 and nothing either)

Ah, some progress.
To which exact sata controller is the 212 connected and how is this sata controller set up in the BIOS?

[QUOTE=chef;1974937]Ah, some progress.
To which exact sata controller is the 212 connected and how is this sata controller set up in the BIOS?[/QUOTE]

damn you got me there bro, how can I check which exact sata controller is the 212 connected??

Maybe in the BIOS, the motherboard manual or by using a tool like everest.

it says that the sata controller is a NVIDIA MCP51

Then also check the devicemanager entries under >nvidia.