Pioneer 212D can't write at 2.4x speed?

vbimport

Hello everboy on this great place ;),

i need some help, advice, whatever :slight_smile: , does my writer Pioneer 212D support 2.4x burning DVD5 (4.7GB) ?

It was on 1.24 firmware, i flashed it on 1.21 frimware, for making better copies of some game DVDs, xbox, etc. , it burn now great on all speeds up 4x,8x,16x, etc.

But i can’t burn Verbatim DVD5 title16x speed, at 2.4x speed? Why, maybe this Verbatim DVD5 16x, doesn’t support 2.4x speed, or?

This is info about this DVD Verbatim

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:MCC 03RG20 ]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC 03RG20 ]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Tnx!

Greetzz ;)!

Hi,

the minimum write speed is determined by the writers’ firmware. For modern media, it is higher that the 2.4x you want. DVD Identifier should show you the supported speeds also. You can’t do anything about that.

Additonally, you have to keep in mind, that modern 16x rated media does not perform well (quality wise) at lower speeds. The sweet spot is somewhere between 8x or 12x typically.

Michael

Dear Michael tnx very much on your nice explanation ;)!

Then, probably i don’t have choice, either maybe to try to find older media with specification Verbatim 8x max :slight_smile: ?

Can i do something like modifying writer’s frimware, in my case 1.21 version for Pioneer 212D, to write DVDs title 16x max. on 2.4 speed? This is just hipotetic question :slight_smile: ?

Once big tnx Michael ;)!

Greetzz :wink:

Sucro

Hi,[QUOTE=sucro;2526807]Dear Michael tnx very much on your nice explanation ;)![/quote]You’re Welcome :slight_smile:

Then, probably i don’t have choice, either maybe to try to find older media with specification Verbatim 8x max :slight_smile: ?

Your 16x Verbatims are really decent media, 8x with your Pioneer should give nice results. If your console can’t read these discs, then there are other reasons for that issue. Possibly “features” of your console.

You can try DVD+R discs. Perhaps then bitsetting is needed, so you’d have to flash a patched firmware (stock firmware can be patched with MCSE).

Can i do something like modifying writer’s frimware, in my case 1.21 version for Pioneer 212D, to write DVDs title 16x max. on 2.4 speed?
No. As already stated, the readability won’t improve. Quality would be even worse.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2526837]

Your 16x Verbatims are really decent media, 8x with your Pioneer should give nice results. If your console can’t read these discs, then there are other reasons for that issue. Possibly “features” of your console.[/QUOTE]

Hm, i burned today 2 DVD - R ,16x, Verbatim and Sony supremas, no one of them laser couldn’t read :frowning: , today i buyed older Verbatim models - Verbatim 8x Advances Azo+Ultra life+Hard Coat Scratch guard , and another verbatim dvd titled Verbatim MediDisc - 8x :slight_smile: Dicom compliant, - metal azo, etc. and on both of them i can see in specification 1-8x speed :slight_smile: , i hope with one of them , i’ll can use 2.4x :slight_smile: , cause i have to use strongly is sugessted this speed for this kind of DVD game…

You can try DVD+R discs. Perhaps then bitsetting is needed, so you’d have to flash a patched firmware (stock firmware can be patched with MCSE).

You give me good idea, i have some Verbatim DVD+R super azo :slight_smile: , i’ll try them, and sure, i’ll post you results here, if i suceed in burning playable DVD :).

No. As already stated, the readability won’t improve. Quality would be even worse.

I flashed before on 1.21 firmware version, exactlier i downgraded from 1.24 to 1.21 firmware, cause this was sugessted for this type of burning…

Greetzz

Sucro :wink: