Pioneer 16X DVD±R DVR 111D Burner CRC errors

vbimport

Hi Everyone,

My Pioneer DVD burner has recently been returning crc errors when burning both cd’s and dvd’s, about 3-4% of the way through the burn.

This is the same burner that I recently had problems getting my computer to recgonize. (http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=205078&highlight=111d)

I have never had a problem like this, so i’m not really sure where to begin troubleshooting… I have tried using different burning software (mediamonkey, alcohol 120, and deepburner) all with the same results. All of the disc brands that i am using have at one point worked with this burner.

any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,

Replace the ide cable, usually a good point to start with troubleshooting.

I actually had to change cables to resolve the last problem that I had with this drive (referenced in last post). This problem was resolved yesterday, so I am now using a brand new IDE cable - so I assume that I don’t need a new one.

Thanks,

Ghaleon -

Perchance are you sure that in fact you are using the correct IDE Cable for your Pioneer DVR-111D? For the Pioneer DVR-111D to function correctly in the Ultra DMA Mode 4 requires the use of an Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable. There are 40-Conductor IDE Cables and there are 80-Conductor IDE Cables and both IDE Cables at a quick glance appear to look very similar.

Below is a Web Link that details the Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable ->

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCable80-c.html

BeLooken

this is weird. nice intuition; I was using a 40 conductor cable but now that I have switched to the 80 the pioneer drive is no longer being recognized at all.

The post that I referenced earlier concerns a problem where the drive would not turn up at all. When I changed IDE cables the drive was recognized but I now realize that I changed from an 80 to 40 conductor cable. Furthermore the 80 pin cable that i am using now is [I]not[/I] the same one that I was using before. So it looks like this drive is recognized by 40 conductor cables but not by 80.

Thanks,

Is your burner on Master jumper setting, and placed at the end of the 80 wireIDE cable?

No it was not. It was on master jumper setting and placed in the middle of the cable. however, I just moved it to the end of the cable and now neither of my drives are recognized at all. My pioneer burner turns up in the bios but not in windows. My liteon dvd reader does not even show up in the bios.

Thanks

Do you have 3rd party IDE drivers installed?
If so, try rolling the drivers back to the standard MS IDE drivers.
Also disable Windows native burning support and see if this cures the problem.

I have rolled back the drivers, no luck yet.

how do i disable native burning support?

Thanks,