Pioneer 11d dl

vbimport

Hi evryone really need some help i got scammed of ebay guy advertised a pioneer 115d dl dvd burner and told me that it had bunermax fw flashed to it so i bought it and when its come its got stock fw on it now he wont reply or anything so im letting ebay deal with it now what i need help with is i need the drive to still have it duel layer function but need drive to be reconised as a 115l now i have been trying to flash it with other fw by using dvrflash but i can get dvdflash to open the fw file really need help thanks

Welcome to the forum. :flower:

I think I remember seeing that drive just before Christmas. I’m looking at the listing right now. A Pioneer drive with BurnerMAX firmware just didn’t sound right. And a seller with zero feedback… it looks like they bought the drive thinking it would work with BurnerMAX, realised their mistake and created a new account to fraudulently recover their losses. With a careful search of the completed listings you might be able to find their ‘true identity’, if they bought it off Ebay in the first place. :wink:

It isn’t my area of expertise, but my understanding is that the BurnerMAX firmware was only released was for the Lite-On iHAS ‘B’ series drives. So you should have a cast iron case of the drive not being as described.

The BurnerMAX modified firmware is unnecessary now, as ImgBurn can send the payload. The bad news is that according to this list the Pioneer DVR-115D isn’t supported.

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?97292-BurnerMAX-Payload-Tool-Compatibility

[I]As you have such a strong case for claiming a refund, I would strongly urge you not to try crossflashing the drive to a DVR-115L while the case is being processed.[/I] It could prevent you from receiving a refund, as the seller can legitimately argue that the goods were not returned in the same condition in which they were sold.

If you wish to keep the drive then you can try to negotiate a partial refund. But as the seller has not responded the most likely scenario is that Ebay will rule in you favour and refund you. If the seller wants the drive back they will have to reveal their true address for you to send the drive to. But I doubt they will want to do this, as I suspect they have emptied their Paypal account and won’t want Ebay/Paypal pursuing them for the money owed for your refund. So if you are very lucky you might end up keeping the drive anyway.

P.S.
You are not the first to be conned in this way.
http://www.ixtreme.net/open-forum/40215-pioneer-115d-burnermax.html

Some good news at last - the Pioneer DVR-115D already supports writing to dual layer DVDs. :smiley: And it is regarded as an excellent drive.

Here’s the MyCE review:

Crossflashing to the DVR-115L is possible (the information needed is here on this forum), but it carries a risk of ‘bricking’ the drive. You need to change the drive’s bootcode as well as the firmware, so there is much more to go wrong than with a normal firmware flash.

The only features you would gain by crossflashing are support for DVD-Ram writing and Labelflash. For writing dual-layer DVDs they are identical.

Neither the 115D nor 115L support [I]overburning[/I] dual-layer DVDs as they are. And it seems virtually impossible that the 115L would support the BurnerMAX payload when the 115D doesn’t. The only difference between the two is that the 2 features mentioned above are disabled on the 115D. The hardware is identical, as is most of the firmware code.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2745085]Some good news at last - the Pioneer DVR-115D already supports writing to dual layer DVDs. :smiley: And it is regarded as an excellent drive.

Here’s the MyCE review:

Crossflashing to the DVR-115L is possible (the information needed is here on this forum), but it carries a risk of ‘bricking’ the drive. You need to change the drive’s bootcode as well as the firmware, so there is much more to go wrong than with a normal firmware flash.

The only features you would gain by crossflashing are support for DVD-Ram writing and Labelflash. For writing dual-layer DVDs they are identical.

Neither the 115D nor 115L support [I]overburning[/I] dual-layer DVDs as they are. And it seems virtually impossible that the 115L would support the BurnerMAX payload when the 115D doesn’t. The only difference between the two is that the 2 features mentioned above are disabled on the 115D. The hardware is identical, as is most of the firmware code.[/QUOTE]

Hi thanks yes i am going through ebay for refund and bunermax payload supports the 115l drive as its in the listing oh well im normally pretty good and should of researched the drive before buying it but thanks for reply

According to this page (here) someone has had success with the DVR-115D. (It would have been very strange if the L worked but not the D.)

There are a lot of things which can interfere with the operation of optical drives. A different HDD controller or USB-IDE bridge, or even installing certain types of software, could explain why one person has had success but others have not. DaemonTools used to cause lots of problems.

So the problem is probably not due to your drive being the D version. I would try a few other things first.

It is worth mentioning one of the golden rules - [I]never flash a malfunctioning drive, not even with the same firmware[/I].

Good luck. :flower:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2745094]According to this page (here) someone has had success with the DVR-115D. (It would have been very strange if the L worked but not the D.)

[/QUOTE]

There is no difference else the firmware on them…