Pioneer 115D Help!

vbimport

I all i am new to this forum and any help would be much appreciated !!!

I have just purchased a Pioneer 115D (Mounted in a external case) connected to my Laptop via USB…

I have downloaded the latest firmware 1.18, and have tried installing it but i just keep getting an error !! (Unable to swithch to Kernal mode)

I am having trouble writing to some media and have been told this firmware will help the situation…

Can anyone give me any help !!! Please

Generally people do not need firmware updates. Firmware updates are generally done by users to override region codes, add bitsetting abilities, overspeed drives, change settings to allow the drive to handle crappy media…
Just use better quality dvd’s and see if that helps. Try some verbatim or taiyo yuden media. As a general rule most of the Made In Japan media is good.

[QUOTE=htfc06;1994736]I all i am new to this forum and any help would be much appreciated !!!

I have just purchased a Pioneer 115D (Mounted in a external case) connected to my Laptop via USB…

I have downloaded the latest firmware 1.18, and have tried installing it but i just keep getting an error !! ([B]Unable to swithch to Kernal mode[/B])

I am having trouble writing to some media and have been told this firmware will help the situation…

Can anyone give me any help !!! Please[/QUOTE]

If you dont try to crossflash that message shouldnt appear…

The usb enclosure seems to bethe problem.
If you wanna update, remove the drive, install it internally, flash, place it back into the enclosure.

Thanks for you advice i will try installing it internally !