Pioneer 115d acting unusal Stop then go?

vbimport

I recently purchased a pioneer 115d to replace my 2 dead benq1640s… may they rest in peace…

the drive seems to work great No real Issues but it does one thing that seems Unusal to me. never seen a burn drive do this. On a Dual layer dvd it burns for like 800 meg Stops Then Starts again No buffer Underrun etc… going on its Just doing that at 800 meg in and at about 800 meg from finishing on all dual layers using verbatims dvd+r Dl, as well as Phillips.

Also On single Layer it seems to do Simmilar But less frequently is this some sort of Disc quality feature or what?

Also not sure what causes this but for some reason Imgburn Can take Up to 30 seconds " reserving track" any ideas on how to speed it up? * - found this on imgburn forums and Disabled Option :slight_smile: as i am not overburning my +rs…

should be the drive switching speeds/recording mode when leaving/reaching the inner area of the dvd.

thats a normal behavior.

but for some reason Imgburn Can take Up to 30 seconds " reserving track"
That part sounds not normal.

Can you post a log from such a burn?

Old logs can be found here

Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

Are you using an 80-conductor IDE cable? Is the 115D paired up with any other optical drive?

[QUOTE=theEye;2081388]should be the drive switching speeds/recording mode when leaving/reaching the inner area of the dvd.

thats a normal behavior.[/QUOTE]
Yup, sounds like Z-CLV. :slight_smile:

BTW: “Reserve track” can take a while [at least with me], depending on media [seems like it takes a while with some DL burns]. The OP was wise to turn it off, since it’s of no use. :wink:

[QUOTE=theEye;2081388]should be the drive switching speeds/recording mode when leaving/reaching the inner area of the dvd.

thats a normal behavior.[/QUOTE]

yes this is normal behavior. media dependent. :slight_smile:

Ya i found that The reserving track is not something needed for +rs unless your overburning according to imgburn forums why it defaults to on when installing the new version is beyond me So i fixed that And I wonder… if i can modify the writ strats to a disk thats not zclv burnt for my cmc magd02 and mkm… as i understand zone clv is slower than most modes for burning ?

i am pretty sure there is no issues But heres Some images of the burngraphs for you to look at. First is one of my DL burns Other is The verbatim Sl, Also not sure But does the pioneer 115d do pipo Scans in Dvd infopro? Mine seemed to be willing to run one, for me just fine

I don’t think Pioneer has CAV/P-CAV DL writing strategies for DL media. IIRC, it’s all Z-CLV.

Scanning on your Pioneer drive might be good for comparing your own burns to one another, but will be more or less useless trying to compare your burns to the burns of others on this forum [since Pio drives don’t have a good scanning consistency about them, for various reasons].

Perhaps if Forum Member morisato used the highly recommended known proven quality error free Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media instead of the suspect Phillips 8x CMC MAG D02 DL Media as he suggests in his #3 Forum posting in the Forum posting titled “DVR-115D dual layers burning slow” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/2081496-post3.html) then Forum Member morisato “Pioneer 115d acting unusual Stop then Go” problem would not exist.

In short it’s a simple fact that garbage Media produces garbage results.

Regards,
bjkg

Just because you Dislike the media Doesn;t mean its garbage all it means is you dislike it…

I agree verbatim is the BEST but… the Phillips works. quite well and for less money. i would call it average media.

[QUOTE=morisato;2081814]Just because you Dislike the media Doesn;t mean its garbage all it means is you dislike it…

I agree verbatim is the BEST but… [B]the Phillips works.[/B] quite well and for less money. i would call it average media.[/QUOTE]

That is just a hit & miss game. Philips DL is not Philips DL, that is the truth.
Check our media section.

What your scans show look to me like normal pioneer behavior. But if the drive is actually speeding up & slowing down through the whole burn over & over making a 16x burn last 10 minutes then you might have a problem. I’ve seen this in pioneer drives I had two of my pioneer 112D’s do this and it drove me crazy because I didn’t have something to co,pare it to. So I bought another one and it burned normal. Pioneer drivces do have the up & down graph while they burn this is normal but the actual burn shouldn’t speed up and slow down over & over again so I Rma’d both of these drives and told pioneer exactly what they were doing & when I got them back one of them was still doing it so I sent it back again then when I got the one back again it was normal so I don’t know what’s up but I do believe there is a problem “Sometimes” but again these drives have to be in UDMA mode 4 and is best to be secondary IDE master, I think although I do have a pioneer 112D burning vERY WELL on an Initio 1394A external enclosure with 18x burns. Hope this helps.

Joe

Make sure your drive is in UDMA mode 4 and if your slowdowns are just in the graph then this is normal but if the drive is actusally slowing down through the whole burn making a 16x burn last 10 min then you may have a problem drive but from your graphs your drive looks normal & as bjkg said if you want to rely on your burn tests then you need to use known good quality media and those phillips will produce problems at the layer break & some players will lock up and stop @ the layer break seriously I do think that it’s not just because he just doesn’t like the media but because he’s probably had “real” bad quality burns with it.

Joe

I see that that 18x burn completed in 4min 14sec so I do believe that your problem was not the same stop and go as mine it is just the way pioneer burns show up on the cd speed graph or rather the way they burn and if you have a good pioneer burner these burners burn with excellent quality on quality media

ya its just z-clv But that was a 20x burn :slight_smile: jmancuso. not 18x

[QUOTE=morisato;2083121]ya its just z-clv But that was a 20x burn :slight_smile: jmancuso. not 18x[/QUOTE]

Ok yeah that is a good looking burn :iagree: