Pioneer 112d

hi,
i try to booktype my pioneer 112d from dvd-rom to dvd+r dl with the buffalo firmware, but when i try and burn with imgburn. it still set to dvd-rom booktype.
my modchip is limited edition nme. i need to set to dvd+r dl booktype. which firmware for pioneer 112d that would set to dvd+r dl. need help!!1

DL bittsetting is set to dvd-rom no matter if your using Pioneer or Buffalo firmware. Don’t think you can change it to +R for DL in the Pioneer without dvd-rom bittsetting. So i think the answer is none. Pioneers are default dvd-rom for DL even without buffalo FW. The Buffalo FW only changes the bittsetting on SL ( D5 ) to DVD-ROM. BTW ImgBurn does’nt set booktyping for Pioneers.

[QUOTE=greengiant2315;1919095]DL bittsetting is set to dvd-rom no matter if your using Pioneer or Buffalo firmware. Don’t think you can change it to +R for DL in the Pioneer without dvd-rom bittsetting. So i think the answer is none. Pioneers are default dvd-rom for DL even without buffalo FW. The Buffalo FW only changes the bittsetting on SL ( D5 ) to DVD-ROM. BTW ImgBurn does’nt set booktyping for Pioneers.[/QUOTE]

Yes it’s self bookbytyping. Man! I love this drive for DL media.

but, the limited edition nme360 required booktype to dvd+r dl.
so if i just use the original pioneer 112d firmware it would booktype change to dvd+r dl after i burn with imgburn or check with imgburn.
because when i burn with the buffalo firmware and xbox creator center it said that my disk boot type is dvd+r dl, but after i burn and check with imgburn. it said disk booktype dvd-rom. so, my xbox360 won’t read.

[QUOTE=channel;1919136]but, the limited edition nme360 required booktype to dvd+r dl.
so if i just use the original pioneer 112d firmware it would booktype change to dvd+r dl after i burn with imgburn or check with imgburn.
because when i burn with the buffalo firmware and xbox creator center it said that my disk boot type is dvd+r dl, but after i burn and check with imgburn. it said disk booktype dvd-rom. so, my xbox360 won’t read.[/QUOTE]

I update my firmware to Pioneer DVR 112L 8.9 and automaticly booktype +DL to DVD-Rom

i want dvd-rom to dvd+r dl booktype
because xbox360 samsung drive doesn’t read dvd-rom booktype, it only read dvd+r dl

Pioneer does’nt do DL in DL+R booktype, It does DVD-ROM

[QUOTE=channel;1919162]i want dvd-rom to dvd+r dl booktype
because xbox360 samsung drive doesn’t read dvd-rom booktype, it only read dvd+r dl[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard :iagree::clap:
It is my understanding that the XboX prefers DVD-ROM to + DL.
So your problems may be media related.
What blank media are you using?

[QUOTE=Charlie T;1919145]I update my firmware to Pioneer DVR 112L 8.9 and automaticly booktype +DL to DVD-Rom[/QUOTE]

Pioneer buffalo FW is up to 112L firmware 8.21. I think you mean your using 8.09 firmware. You do not need buffalo firmware to make the pioneer 112 booktype dvd-rom for DL. All the buffalo firmware does is add the dvd-rom booktype to DVD+R discs also. And yes you can flash back to Pionner 112D FW: 122 if you know what your doing, But i prefer the buffalo. Im waiting on Buffalo 8.22, I hope soon. Its a heck of a DL writer and i’ll take that too the bank!.

[QUOTE=Charlie T;1919131]Yes it’s self bookbytyping. Man! I love this drive for DL media.[/QUOTE]

Makes two of us!.

[QUOTE=channel;1919136]but, the limited edition nme360 required booktype to dvd+r dl.
because when i burn with the buffalo firmware and xbox creator center it said that my disk boot type is dvd+r dl, but after i burn and check with imgburn. it said disk booktype dvd-rom. so, my xbox360 won’t read.[/QUOTE]

I told you the first time!, EVEN stock Pioneers are booktyped to DVD-ROM on DL. When you crossed flashed to Buffalo the only thing you gained was DVD-ROM booktyping on DVD+R media also. Even if you flashed it back to a stock Pioneer the DL would still be DVD-ROM. Visit the Pioneer fourm and read away and you will understand what i am saying.

[QUOTE=greengiant2315;1919180]Pioneer buffalo FW is up to 112L firmware 8.21. I think you mean your using 8.09 firmware. You do not need buffalo firmware to make the pioneer 112 booktype dvd-rom for DL. All the buffalo firmware does is add the dvd-rom booktype to DVD+R discs also. And yes you can flash back to Pionner 112D FW: 122 if you know what your doing, But i prefer the buffalo. Im waiting on Buffalo 8.22, I hope soon. Its a heck of a DL writer and i’ll take that too the bank!.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for pointing that out. Actually it’s been awhile that I did a search for DVR112 L new firmware. But still, 8.09 firmware is a heck of DL burnner.

and 8.21 is even better!

[QUOTE=greengiant2315;1919192]and 8.21 is even better![/QUOTE]
:stuck_out_tongue: Hmmmmm! Man! I’m droolling right now.

:iagree:Flash away, It only takes 2 secs if that

[QUOTE=greengiant2315;1919203]:iagree:Flash away, It only takes 2 secs if that[/QUOTE]

I just flashed mine last nite. Now let see what’s happen. If it doesn’t work I’ll jump off the ground and hit you so hard. :stuck_out_tongue: just kidding.

Lol

[QUOTE=channel;1919162]i want dvd-rom to dvd+r dl booktype
because xbox360 samsung drive doesn’t read dvd-rom booktype, it only read dvd+r dl[/QUOTE]

LOL. You cannot burn DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM is pressed and if you mean dvd+r dl NOT booktyping then buy another burner…