Pioneer 112d recognition problem (i think it is software problem but you decide...)

Here is the thing:
I just got Pioneer 112d from my friend to use (because my Lite on died couple days ago :))
I put it on slave (master is my Hdd) and put it on same ata cable with hdd (as i only have one slot on my MB for ata cables)

When i turned computer on, it recognized DVD-RW drive but when i opened My Computer it only sees it as CDRom, and cant read nor write dvd’s or anything…

Than i put it in my roommate’s computer and it worked perfectly :confused:
So my guess was that it some kind of software bug…

Than i flashed BIOS and windows recognized it as DVD-RW and even read one DVD from it…
Than i tried to burn DVD and it stopped at maybe 1 or 2 % and in My Computer it was CDRom again… (Also checked in commander and it is CD also there, and nero cant see it anymore)

On device Manager it is seen as Pioneer 112d DVD-RW (just as it needs to me seen) but when i check for hardware changes in Device Manager (like refresh) it just disappears from devices…(it also disappears from my computer, as if don’t have it anymore connected…)

So, are there any solutions for this maybe…

[QUOTE=pajcho;2244020]Here is the thing:
I just got Pioneer 112d from my friend to use (because my Lite on died couple days ago :))
I put it on slave (master is my Hdd) and put it on same ata cable with hdd (as i only have one slot on my MB for ata cables)

[B]When i turned computer on, it recognized DVD-RW drive but when i opened My Computer it only sees it as CDRom, and cant read nor write dvd’s or anything…[/B]

Than i put it in my roommate’s computer and it worked perfectly :confused:
So my guess was that it some kind of software bug…

Than i flashed BIOS and windows recognized it as DVD-RW and even read one DVD from it…
Than i tried to burn DVD and it stopped at maybe 1 or 2 % and in My Computer it was CDRom again… (Also checked in commander and it is CD also there, and nero cant see it anymore)

On device Manager it is seen as Pioneer 112d DVD-RW (just as it needs to me seen) but when i check for hardware changes in Device Manager (like refresh) it just disappears from devices…(it also disappears from my computer, as if don’t have it anymore connected…)

So, are there any solutions for this maybe…[/QUOTE]

You must use a proper burning app to be able to burn DVDs.