Pioneer 111d

Hi,

I’m a near CD freaks virgin, so if Im breaking rules by this, let me know…

Since RPC1 is down just now, and I’m having troubles with DVD +R DL disks, does anyone have the crossflash from the rpc1 site?
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

I know it does enable other stuff, not sure of what lol, so any futher info would be a bonus to getting the crossflash.

In anticipation.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Most of times, problems with DL discs are due to the disc itself. Only Verbatim proved to produce reliable DL discs.

What discs are you using exactly? Can you explain better what problems do you have exactly with DL discs?

Bear in mind that the crossflash will not alter in any way the writing strategies, so even if you install a not original firmware you will still have the same writing quality on your DL discs :wink:

HP/Sony DL disks work good for me! No coasters… Welcome to our forum!

ok, getting weird callibration errors, and cannot open TOC errors.

Used Verbatim and Aone, verbatim were marginally better, but only liked 2.4x, no faster but still had a 2/10 failure rate. I googled a bit, and it seems that TDB crossflash seems to make the drive more reliable (makes it a 111L??)

Might be time to upgrade the writer, get something more reliable for DL

The Pioneer 111 is already a good drive for DL discs. If you already did hundreds of burnings, however, maybe it’s time to get a new drive.

I suggest to update to latest official firmware first. As I said, the crossflash will not change writing strategies, so except for void the drive warranty you will not get any improvement.

Calibration errors are due in most of cases to a bad quality disc.

I’m on 1.29 lol and the flash says its the most up to date, hence, if the crossflash doesnt improve it, new drive it is lol, might even go for one of those sata ones, I think I might have 1 port free lol

Be careful with SATA drives: it is rather common that the SATA controller will not support it (most of SATA controllers are made to work with hard discs, and only few ones are supporting optical drives).

If you are not sure, I suggest to get another IDE drive (the Pioneer 112 is another excellent choice)

True, Pioneers are cool. Had one since I think the A05, I may even have a 109 and a 110 on the β€˜spare bit’ shelf lol.

When I can get the crossflash I’ll give it a try, but I dunno when the TDB site is coming back - dunno if I can wait that long…

[QUOTE=iridis;1947633]True, Pioneers are cool. Had one since I think the A05, I may even have a 109 and a 110 on the β€˜spare bit’ shelf lol.

[B]When I can get the crossflash I’ll give it a try[/B], but I dunno when the TDB site is coming back - dunno if I can wait that long…[/QUOTE]

That would give you nothing!
Get the advice already given and BUY reliable DL media!!

[quote=chef;1947840]That would give you nothing!
Get the advice already given and BUY reliable DL media!![/quote]

Verbatim +R had a marginally better success rate 7/10 good writes. I thought they were β€˜decent’

They are decent.

Did you get true Verbatim media and which MID do they have???